For mobility needs, care assistance and those with sensory impairments
If you are a looking for a holiday that will cater for all your needs, be that space for wheelchair manoeuvres, a flat floor wetroom, care whilst you’re away or ease for access for travellers with limited mobility, then we can help!
There are specialists who offer holidays
around the world and in the UK for a wide range of needs, including
Enable Holidays take you to Europe and beyond, with adapted transfers from the airport to your accommodation, which is audited for suitability.
Limitless Travel for tours on adapted coaches, with carers, in the UK and Scotland, along with tailor-made trips in Europe. Special discounts for Silver travellers.
Dementia Adventure specialise in designing and delivering small-group short breaks and holidays for people living with dementia, their partner, family, friends or carers to enjoy together.
is one of the largest providers of respite holidays with on-call nurse-led care
for disabled people and carers in the UK, catering for over 150 different
Driving Miss Daisy provides a safe, friendly and reliable driving and companion service for people unable or not wishing to drive. It caters for wheelchairs and walkers and always offers a supporting arm if required, ideal as transportation to and from your holiday.
UK and Channel Island Breaks that offer Accessible Accommodation
Forest Holidays for beautiful, adapted Copper Beech cabins in woodland locations, for tranquillity amongst the trees. Special offers for Silver Travellers.
HF Holidays leisure breaks – singing & music, art & crafts, duplicate bridge, meditation – at their wheelchair accessible country house hotels.
Jersey Travel hotels & self-catering properties around this beautiful island. Excellent for glorious gardens & beaches, fine dining & history.
Mill Rythe Away Resorts accessible to all with wider doors, wheelchair access, disabled toilets, pool hoist, large print brochure, hearing loop and guide dog friendly.
Shearings Holidays coach tours and hotels stays across the British Isles. Call the special assistance line for details 01942 496 507.
Warner Leisure Hotels stay in accessible country house hotels or seaside villages with daytime activities & live evening entertainment. Silver Traveller discounts - quote PHC Silver.
Europe and Beyond
Eurocamp with adapted accommodation in France, designed for wheelchair users, flat floor wetroom, ramps and wide doors.
Kirker Holidays provides tailor-made holidays - let them know what you’d like and they will arrange it!
take the grandchildren on a magical trip to visit Father Christmas and the
elves, wheelchair accessible.
Holiday Property Bond
The Holiday Property Bond gives you access to a range of holiday properties across the UK and Europe. 54 have been designed for accompanied wheelchair users, and many others are mobility friendly. From a ground floor apartment in an elegant manor house in Brittany to a stylish villa in southern Spain, you’ll find a range of stunning holiday properties to choose from.
Accessible Ocean Cruises
Holland America Line
have good provision for wheelchairs and mobility scooters, be sure to discuss
your needs when booking.
Accessible River & Canal Cruises
Enable Holidays offer river cruises in The Netherlands, on board the well-equipped Prins Willem Alexander, which is designed for wheelchairs with adapted cabins, bathrooms and spacious public areas.
The jolly useful mini guide to Accessible Holidays and Attractions is available free. We can send it out in the post or you can view it online or download it – take a look just here!
Further interesting articles
selection of articles are available here
- Accessible Accommodation around the UK
- Air, Rail, Coach and Taxi services for limited mobility and accessibility requirements
- Accessible Holidays
- Suggestions for Activities for Those with Limited Mobility or Disabilities
- Tips, ideas and useful websites for those travelling with a wheelchair, limited mobility or disability
- Questions to ask when booking a holiday with limited mobility, disability and care needs
- Answers to accessibility travel questions
- Airport Assistance - Airline Accessibility
for People with Disabilities (FPDs)
- Passengers with Reduced Mobility (PRM) at Gatwick Airport
a Holiday for Elderly Parents
- Solo Cruising with a Mobility Scooter - Princess Lines & Cunard
- Specialist companies for those with limited mobility or accessibility requirements
- Should Dementia Stop your Holidays? We Don't Think So!
- Supported Holidays with Dementia Adventure
- Useful travel sites for dementia, dialysis, oxygen, carers and general information
- A place like no other: three unforgettable stories from Revitalise guests