Silver Travel Advisor mini-guide to Accessible Holidays and Attractions
If mobility or sensory impairment is an issue, this guide is for you and has been compiled by Silver Travellers to bring you the best accessible holidays and local attractions.
Welcome to the Silver Travel Advisor Accessible Holidays and Attractions Mini Guide.
Sometimes finding a holiday in the UK or overseas that caters for your specific needs can be a concern. We have brought together details of our partner companies, including cruise lines, that we feel really offer understanding of and service for those who have mobility or impairment requirements. Self catering in France with ramps and wetrooms, adapted hotels in the Med, Florida or India or cruises suitable for mobility scooters to see the Northern Lights - all these are options, as are more 'sheltered' breaks in the UK. You should be able to have the holiday you'd like!
Many of us enjoy days out with family and friends to one of the thousands of British attractions, but sometimes finding the right place to go can be tricky – especially if you have particular access needs. Medieval architects may have designed solid castles and fortresses, but they weren’t too bothered about making them easy to navigate if mobility was an issue!
So we’ve been researching ramps, lifts, disabled toilets, special facilities, wheelchair and scooter hire, parking and much more to produce a free mini-guide highlighting some of the many attractions across Britain which cater well for the requirements of limited mobility and disabled visitors.
For an electronic version of the mini guide just click on the download link below.
With special thanks to our researchers, Eleanor Wasley, Pam Walker Kay Wiseman and Dawn Blee.
To request a printed version of the FREE Guide for the Accessible Holidays and Attractions, or one of our range of helpful mini-guides, please click here.
For more related articles about Accessible Holidays and Days Out
- Pamela Walker - Accessible Attractions in Edinburgh
- Pamela Walker - Accessible attractions in Northumberland
- Pamela Walker - Accessible attractions in The Scottish Borders
- Pamela Walker - Accessible Attractions in Tyneside and County Durham
- Eleanor Wasley - Accessible Attractions in the North Pennines - Teesdale and Weardale
- Eleanor Wasley - Accessible Attractions in Lincolnshire
- Eleanor Wasley - Accessible attractions in North Wales
- Eleanor Wasley - Accessible attractions in the Cotswolds
- Eleanor Wasley - Accessible attractions in Yorkshire
- Eleanor Wasley - More accessible attractions in Yorkshire
- Eleanor Wasley - Accessible Attractions in the East Midlands
- Dawn Blee - Accessible Attractions in the South-East - where to visit when mobility is limited
- Kay Wiseman - Accessible South West - where to visit when mobility is limited
- Silver Travel Advisor mini-guide to Great British Free Days out in the UK
- Silver Travel Advisor mini-guide to Great British Gardens
- Silver Travel Advisor mini-guide for all the Generations
- Silver Travel Advisor mini-guide for the Solo Silver Traveller
- Silver Travel Advisor mini-guide to Great British Breaks
- The Silver Travellers' Guide to Gatwick Airport
- Great British Travel and Transport Tips
- Silver Travel Advisor mini-guide to Holidays for Keeping Active