Silver Travel Advisor understands the value of your personal
information and we respect your right to privacy. We understand the trust you
placed upon us by providing information online. We promise to use our best
endeavours to keep your data safe and private, to make it easy for you to
manage your data, and never to sell your data to third parties.
Silver Travel Advisor Ltd. is a UK registered company (registration
number: 7408308. VAT number: 100952746) and is the owner of the website www.silvertraveladvisor.com.
Silver Travel Advisor Ltd. is committed to protect the personal data you
which sets out how we use and protect information that you give to us when you
use the Site and also when giving us your data and information for emails.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation
(Regulation EU 2016/679) ('GDPR'), the data controller is Silver Travel Advisor
Ltd., Island View, 9b Hurst Road, Milford-on-Sea, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 0PY. If you have any
information, please write to us by email to [email protected].
Information we collect from you
We collect and store the following kinds of personal information you enter on our website:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, subscribing to our service, writing reviews, posting material or requesting further services. This information may include your name, your email address and your address and postcode, your username and password, and your forum name. This enables us to personalise services for you and to send you information that you request.
- Details of requests you carry out through our website and for the fulfilment of your orders, such as requests for our magazine or other travel information.
- Information which we may ask you for when you enter a competition or promotion on Silver Travel Advisor.
- Information for which we may ask you if you report a problem with our website or have a query. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also offer you the opportunity to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
- You are able to add or amend your personal information in your “My Account” section on our website which can include your name, email address, your password, your age (by decade) and the town in which you live.
- You can delete your personal information at any time by removing this information from the “My Account” section on our website or contact us at [email protected]
Your internet browser – the software you use to browse the web, for example
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari – will have built-in tools to help
protect your personal information. Some tools help you to control the amount of
personal information you put online; others allow you to wipe the details of
sites you have visited, or searches you have made, from your computer.
Can a website user block cookies?
To find out how to manage what cookies you allow, see your
browser's help section or your mobile phone manual. Or you can visit one of the
sites below, which have detailed information on how to manage, control or
Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via this website will
relevant parts of the website. We will not without your express consent provide
your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct
marketing in accordance with our Entry in the Register of the Data Protection
As a member of Silver Travel Advisor, you are able to write reviews, including the uploading of photos, participate on our Forum, receive newsletters, which contain information, competitions, adverts, discounts and links to other websites, enjoy special offers and discounts, and receive our free magazine and mini-guides.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website.
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- supply services via the website.
- collect payments from you (for example for ship visits).
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications), or by post if you specifically request this.
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
If you enter your details in a prize draw, competition or a promotion we may ask for details of your address or phone number or email so that we can contact you and send you details of the competition or promotion or if we need to notify any winners. We do not share this data with the prize draw partner.
We may also use information held about you in the following
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in writing reviews, forums, and surveys when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose information about you to any of our
employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- if Silver Travel Advisor is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
provide your information to any third parties.
International data transfers
Personal information that you submit for publication on the
website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the
internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such
information by others.
Security of your personal information
We are dedicated to maintain the security of all your data and to prevent unauthorized access through the implementation of appropriate technical measures, as far as is reasonably possible. Such security measures also include access restrictions, i.e. that data may be accessed only by a limited number of persons within Silver Travel Advisor.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we
have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to
access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password
confidential. We ask you not to share a password or user details with anyone. We
will not ask you for your password except when you log in to the website.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational
precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We
store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and
firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or
receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. However data
transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee
the security of data sent over the internet.
Silver Travel Advisor uses a UK based company called Omniweb to send out email newsletters to our members and they securely store our members’ email addresses on their database. Omniweb are used by many other companies in the UK for sending out email newsletters.
How long do we hold your personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you delete your account then
all your personal information is deleted immediately.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for
marketing purposes by sending an email to [email protected] at
any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance
to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you
with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing
Below are the rights you have over your information and how
you can use them. However they may not apply if we are required by law to keep
the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
- You are entitled to ask us if we are processing your
information and you can request access to your personal information to check
- You may request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you is corrected.
- You may ask us to delete or remove personal information. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims.
- You may ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- You may request the transfer of certain of your personal information to another party.
- Where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may object to processing on this ground. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based if legally required to do so.
- You may contest any decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
- Where our processing is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, where an alleged infringement of Data Protection law has taken place. In the UK you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (Tel: 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk).
Third party websites
When using our website you may click through to other
websites through an advertisement, special offer or any other link. When doing
terms and conditions of that website apply. We can take no responsibility or
liability for any information, cookies or information collected by these other
sites. Please check their own privacy policies before you submit any personal
data to these sites.
posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally
to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to