Silver Travel Advisor Partner - Saga Cruises
VACCINE REQUIREMENTS SO YOU CAN TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
All 2021 passengers will need to have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 at least 14 days before travelling with Saga Cruises. Please see the Saga Cruises website for latest information.
Exclusively for the over 50s, Saga cruises provide an incredible choice of adventures and cultural experiences, whether you’re travelling accompanied or sailing solo.
Life aboard a small Saga ship combines the sophistication, service and fine dining of the world’s top boutique hotels with all the best aspects of cruising. You won’t get lost in a crowd of thousands. Instead, you’ll have a fantastic chance to sail with like-minded people – don’t be surprised if the crew get to know you by name too!
Saga’s fleet includes the boutique luxury Spirit of Discovery, launched in 2019, and brand-new sister ship Spirit of Adventure, also offering all-balcony accommodation, which arrives in 2021. These ships promise some of the most stylish cruising on the ocean wave, from the British Isles to the Baltic, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean and way beyond. And Explore Ashore, a concept combining small-group tours with bespoke excursions and independent discovery, is specially designed to help you to get the most from each amazing port of call.
Saga’s 2021 UK cruise programme includes four all-inclusive 6-15 night itineraries: ‘Scottish Highlands and Islands’, ‘Great British Isles Adventure’ and ‘Northern Isles to the Fjords’ will all be hosted by Spirit of Discovery while, for the first time, guests can also book the ‘The Inaugural Cruise on Spirit of Adventure, Saga Cruises’ brand-new boutique ship. This series of all-inclusive sailings leads in at £1,154pp for a balcony room.
Every Saga ocean cruise includes private transfers to and from your home (up to 250 miles), all on-board meals, activities and entertainment, wine with lunch and dinner, gratuities, Wi-Fi, 24-hour room service and up to six selected excursions ashore. It’s amazing value: you can even dine in the speciality restaurants for no extra charge.
In addition to new ships sailing the ocean wave, Saga is now offering river cruising along the waterways of Europe aboard their first-ever purpose-built river ship, Spirit of the Rhine – and from 2022, aboard sister-ship Spirit of the Danube as well. These stunning new vessels will showcase Saga’s award-winning boutique cruise experience, backed by premium value for money: as with Saga’s ocean cruises, so much is included in the price. There’s a choice of seven brand-new itineraries for 2021, as well as options ranging from the Danube to the Douro to the Dutch waterways and beyond aboard this and other carefully-selected river cruise ships.
For accessibility and assistance, read more here.
Read Features and Reviews about Saga Cruises
- Dancing to France with Saga Cruises by David Powell
- Exploring Italy with Saga Cruises aboard the new Spirit of Discovery by Alan Fairfax
- Top 7 things that make Spirit of Discovery such a special addition to the Saga Cruises fleet by Gill Haynes
- Iceland – a hot destinations by Mike Pickup
- Cruise on Saga’s brand new ship Spirit of Discovery by Jeannine Williamson
- Saga Spirit of Discovery – the naming ceremony by Alan Fairfax
- Hunting the Northern Lights by Jeannine Williamson
- Saga Sapphire’s Farewell Season: Treasures of the Canaries & Morocco Cruise – Part 1 by Sally Dowling
- Delightful France cruise on Saga Pearl II featuring Honfleur & Caen by Dave Harcombe
- High seas and high teas in Scandinavia on board Saga Sapphire
- Read about a group cruise around Croatia with Saga.
- Saga Cruise to St Petersburg – read Mike Pickup’s review
- Northern Lights Cruise – read Dave Harcombe’s review
- Saga Mystery Cruise – Danielle Fear enjoys every moment
- Diary of a Cruise Virgin – Sally Dowling takes the plunge
Silver Travel Podcast
Robin Shaw talked to Jennie Carr on the Silver Travel Show about new ships and various destinations.
If the soundplayer does not display properly, please click here to listen