Silver Travel Advisor Partner - Kirker Cultural Tours and Music Holidays
Please see the Kirker Holidays website for the latest information.
Kirker Cultural Tours and Music Holidays consist of small groups of like-minded people in the company of an expert tour leader or lecturer. Each itinerary follows a particular subject – such as art, architecture, gardens or music – but is also carefully-designed to offer visits to a wide range of attractions as well as free time to explore independently.
As well as favourites such as Sicily, New York and Rome, Kirker offers a number of new itineraries each year, including new destinations and new themes. Recent additions to the programme include an introduction to the fascinating history of Albania, a tour of the historic towns of Castille, and a visit to the spectacular gardens of Marrakech.
In Europe, Kirker cultural escorted tours include
- History & Archaeology: from Ancient Rome to the majestic mediaeval fortress at Carcassonne and the Renaissance hill towns of Tuscany, Umbria and Puglia.
- Houses & Gardens: visit some of the finest gardens and grandest houses in the UK and Europe including exclusive private visits to gardens which are normally closed to the public. Highlights include the Italian Lakes, the French Riviera and the Gardens Around Rome.
- Art & Architecture: explore exceptional art galleries, museums and artists’ houses in the company of an expert art historian – including the Cote d’Azur, Madrid, Malaga, New York and St Petersburg
- Battlefields: unearth the history behind some of the most evocative conflicts in the company of a military historian, from the Duke of Wellington’s Peninsular campaign to the D-Day Landing Beaches in Normandy.
- Wine Tours: sample the very best of Europe’s wine regions including exclusive private tastings with key producers, tours of chateaux, vineyards and cellars and delicious local lunches and dinners with matched wines. Destinations include Champagne, Rioja, Sicily and Georgia.
Further afield, there’s a choice of
- Jordan – the Land of TE Lawrence: Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia with this itinerary which includes Roman ruins, the famous stone-carved city of Petra and Lawrence’s ‘Seven Pillars of Wisdom’ at Wadi Rum
- Palaces & Galleries of St Petersburg – a six night holiday in Russia’s cultural capital which includes visits to the Hermitage and the Russian Museum as well as the summer palaces of the Tsars.
- Delve into Russia’s rich cultural legacy taking in Orthodox Cathedrals and the treasures of the Kremlin literary on a tour of Art, Music & Literature in Moscow.
- Gardens of Marrakech – a seven-night Moroccan escape including visits to some splendid gardens, from secret private gardens to Yves Saint Laurent’s dazzling Jardins Majorelle.
Kirker Music Holidays offers an extensive range of independent and escorted music holidays to destinations throughout Europe and beyond. These include tours to leading festivals in Europe such as the Grafenegg Festival, the Schubertiade chamber music festival in the Austrian alps, the Dresden Music Festival and the Malta Baroque Music Festival.
For those who enjoy opera, Kirker also arranges visits to some of Europe’s most wonderful summer opera festivals including the Puccini Opera Festival in Torre del Lago and the Verona Opera Festival, as well as a programme of opera weekends to Vienna, Milan, Venice and New York.. If you prefer to travel independently, Kirker’s experts can arrange an independent short break to one of Europe’s great musical cities including tickets to an opera, ballet or concert performance.
Kirker Music Holidays also hosts a series of exclusive music festivals in destinations such as the beautiful Italian island of Ischia, or the glorious unspoilt north coast of Mallorca. These popular holidays allow guests to not only enjoy world-class performances by highly regarded artists, but also offer the opportunity to meet the musicians themselves informally during the day.
For anyone who enjoys listening to exceptional music whilst visiting a range of fascinating ports of call, the Kirker Music Festivals at Sea offer a unique alternative holiday with exclusive shore excursions and illuminating musical talks and workshops during the day, followed by a series of private concerts on board Black Watch in the evenings.
A number of Kirker Music Holidays take place within the UK including exclusive Kirker Music Festivals in Suffolk, Eastbourne and Alfriston, East Sussex, opera holidays to The Grange in Hampshire, the Buxton Opera Festival and Glyndebourne, and visits to festivals such as the Three Choirs Festival, Cheltenham, and the North Norfolk Music Festival.
For Accessibility and Assistance information, please call 020 793 2288 and speak to a Kirker expert for advice.
Read Features and Reviews about Kirker Holidays
- Salzburg Mozart Week by Anna Selby