Silver Travel Advisor Partner - Kirker Cultural Tours and Music Holidays
Kirker Cultural Tours and Music Holidays offer you the opportunity to travel in small groups of like-minded people in the company of an expert tour leader or lecturer.
As well as favourites such as Sicily, New York and Rome, we have now added a number of new itineraries ranging from a sublime tour of South Africa that samples some of its finest wines and gardens to a fascinating visit to Moscow and St. Petersburg, timed to coincide with the centenary of the Russian Revolution, and a journey through four centuries of history on the beautiful Caribbean island of Barbados.
In Europe, Kirker cultural escorted tours include
- Summer in Copenhagen, exploring the city where ‘The Danish Girl’ was filmed, plus the palaces, castles and museums of the island of Zealand, linked to Sweden by the famous Oresund Bridge.
- Minoan Crete & Santorini Tour encompassing some of the world’s most fascinating archaeological sites. Also, Ancient Greece, visiting Olympia, Delphi and Epidaurus.
- Glaciers, Geysers and Golden Circle – discover Iceland’s dramatic landscapes by specially modified Land Rover Defenders.
- A choice of four tours in Kirker’s heartland of Italy: Venice & The Palladian Villas of the Veneto, taking in the city’s great galleries, museums and churches with visits to secret gardens not generally open to the public; Siena & San Gimignano including the Chianti vineyards; Turin & Piedmont for Renaissance palaces and vineyards; and The Duchy of Milan with a visit to Lake Como, which combines La Scala, the Duomo and Leonardo’s The Last Supper and several private art collections with a visit to Italy’s most famous lake.
Further afield, there’s a choice of
- Russia: The Romanovs & Revolution. 2017 marks the centenary of the Russian Revolution, and what better time to visit the cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg in the company of expert guides? Or delve into Russia’s rich cultural legacy taking Orthodox Cathedrals and the treasures of the Kremlin literary on a tour of Art, Music & Literature in Moscow.
- Barbados: Four Centuries of History, visiting the Mount Gay rum distillery, The Garrison and the home of Sir Grantley Adams, as well as plantations, private gardens and the Flower Forest.
- South Africa: The Wines and Gardens of the Western Cape trip takes in some of the country’s most notable vineyards and fascinating flora in their springtime.
Kirker Music Holidays offers an extensive range of independent and escorted music holidays to destinations throughout Europe and beyond. These include tours to leading festivals in Europe such as the Beethoven Festival in Bonn, the Schubertiade chamber music festival in the Austrian alps, Berlin’s Easter Festtage, and the Malta Baroque Music Festival. For those who enjoy opera, Kirker also arranges visits to some of Europe’s most wonderful summer opera festivals including the Puccini Opera Festival in Torre del Lago and the Verona Opera Festival. Our programme of opera weekends includes the most renowned opera houses in the world such as Vienna, Milan, Venice and New York and there are year-round departures during opera season. We would also be delighted to arrange an independent short break to one of Europe’s great musical cities including tickets to an opera, ballet or concert performance.
Kirker Music Holidays also hosts a series of exclusive music festivals in destinations such as the beautiful Italian island of Ischia, or the glorious unspoilt north coast of Mallorca. These popular holidays allow guests to not only enjoy world-class performances by highly regarded artists, but also offer the opportunity to meet the musicians themselves informally during the day. For anyone who enjoys listening to exceptional music whilst visiting a range of fascinating ports of call, the Kirker Music Festivals at Sea offer a unique alternative holiday with exclusive shore excursions and illuminating musical talks and workshops on cruises to the Fjords of Norway, the Scottish Islands or through the Baltic to St Petersburg.
A number of Kirker Music Holidays take place within the UK including exclusive Kirker Music Festivals in Suffolk, London and Eastbourne and the Kirker Chamber Music Weekends in Alfriston, East Sussex. We also offer tours to Grange Park in Hampshire, the Buxton Opera Festival and the Three Choirs Festival in Worcester.
Watch a video about The Kirker Ischia Music Festival
Free Art Treat
Book a short 2017 break to Milan to receive complimentary tickets to the stunning Brera Gallery.
Price from £698pp including flights, private transfers, 4-star accommodation with breakfast, Brera Gallery tickets, Kirker Guide Notes and the services of the Kirker Concierge.
Call 020 7593 1899 or visit website.
Travel the Atlantic from Lisbon and Oporto to the Azores and Madeira whilst enveloping yourself in opera and classical music, professionals on board. A totally unique experience from £2,640.
Departs 4 May 2018.
Call 020 7593 1899 or visit website.
To see exclusive discounts and offers, please sign in