Silver Travel Advisor Partner - Avalon Waterways
BOOK AND TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
Please see the Avalon Waterways website for further information.
We travel to see new things, try new things, and experience new cultures. So it only makes sense to set sail on a river cruise that’s just as far from the ordinary. From endless views to endless possibilities, Avalon Waterways charts a whole new course in river cruising.
Join us as we sail on mighty new waters, see Europe in a different light, on new voyages, and experience our new ships. Take each day as it comes with more choice than ever for exploration, wellbeing and relaxation, with enhanced facilities, activity experts and now, even more freedom at dinner. Each day, choose from Classic, Discovery or Active excursions and personalise your cruise experience to your exact taste.
People who have never been on a river cruise sometimes wonder what it’s like on board a ship. Will it be small and cramped? Do you get a porthole window? Will there be hundreds of people on board? Happily, the answer to all these questions is ‘no’. River cruising with Avalon Waterways is the epitome of relaxed luxury. Our beautiful ships are small and intimate, offering a refined but unpretentious atmosphere. Our staterooms offer 30 per cent more space than the industry standard, and most include wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows that open to create your own open-air balcony.
Evenings are spent enjoying a drink on deck or in the lounge, chatting with friends new and old, admiring the view from your open-air balcony or simply snuggling up to watch a movie in your stateroom. Grab a book, listen to a guest speaker or local musicians, or perhaps even take part in an onboard tasting of wine, beer or regional delicacies.
Whether you are off to explore Europe’s Christmas Markets, be amazed by the Amazon or meditate along the Mekong, Avalon Waterways will delight in providing you with a river cruise to surpass all others. We are proud to say that our guests have given us a 98% satisfaction rating.
Want to broaden your horizons but short on time? Discover what makes Avalon so special with a taster river cruise. Perfect for a short break with a difference.
The Avalon Difference
- The largest staterooms on Europe’s rivers, with beds facing stunning river views.
- Return flights included from 27 regional UK airports.
- Full board a la carte dining on board with wine and beer included at lunch and dinner.
- On board gratuities included.
- Sightseeing tours included in every port of call.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Spacious bathrooms with fluffy bathrobes, slippers and complimentary L’Occitane toiletries.
- English speaking Cruise Director and Crew.
- We are fully ABTA and ATOL bonded, so you can rest assured that your holiday is fully protected.
For accessibility and assistance, read more here.
Read Features and Reviews about Avalon Waterways
- Read cruise reviews about Avalon Tapestry
- Read Active Discovery river cruising with Avalon Waterways by Jeannine Williamson
- Chrissy Nason celebrated her mother’s 90th birthday in style on board the Avalon Felicity:
Part 1 – Chrissy prepares for a 90th birthday treat
Part 2 – The 90th birthday celebration river cruise
Part 3 – Strasbourg to Koblenz highlights
Part 4 – Cologne & Amsterdam highlights
- Chrissy Nason attended the christening of the Avalon Poetry II:
Part 1 – First Impressions and Cologne
Part 2 – Curising through Europe’s rich and turbulent heritage
Part 3 – Poetry II Christening and Final Impressions
- Steve Aldridge travelled on the European waterways on the Avalon Impression:
Part 1 – Magnificent Europe: But where was Bryan Ferry?
Part 2 – Magnificent Europe: The Fragrance and the Leg
Part 3 – Magnificent Europe: The Skoda and the Shoes
No Single Supplement sailings in 2021 and 2022
Save up to £2,878
For a limited time, Avalon Waterways is waiving the Single Supplement on the cruise portion of your holiday on selected sailings in so many exciting river destinations, from the Rhine, Rhône and Danube in Europe to the Mekong in Vietnam and Cambodia and India’s legendary Ganges. Please click on the links below for further details:
- 2021 European Sailings
- 2022 European Sailings
- 2021 Mekong or Ganges Sailings in Asia
- 2022 Mekong or Ganges Sailings in Asia
Call 0330 808 4745 or visit the website for more details.
Save up to £2,000 per couple on 2022 river cruises with Avalon Waterways
Make up for lost time and explore more of the world in 2022 along its magnificent rivers, enjoying the romance of the Rhine, Amsterdam’s tulips in their prime or the Danube at Christmastime.
Call 0330 808 1858 or visit website for further details