Silver Travel Advisor Partner - Avalon Waterways
We travel to see new things, try new things, and experience new cultures. So it only makes sense to set sail on a river cruise that’s just as far from the ordinary. From endless views to endless possibilities, Avalon Waterways charts a whole new course in river cruising.
Join us as we sail on mighty new waters, see Europe in a different light, on new voyages, and experience our new ships. Take each day as it comes with more choice than ever for exploration, wellbeing and relaxation, with enhanced facilities, activity experts and now, even more freedom at dinner. Each day, choose from Classic, Discovery or Active excursions and personalise your cruise experience to your exact taste.
Our new Active Discovery river cruises down the Danube, Rhine and Rhône Rivers offer a deeper immersion in each destination. Enjoy beautiful views of castles as you glide along legendary riverbanks in a canoe or perfect your brushstrokes in a local art studio. From steering a bicycle through Europe’s must-see sights to searing today’s catch in a lively cooking class, our Active Discovery river cruises present a whole new level of engagement.
People who have never been on a river cruise sometimes wonder what it’s like on board a ship. Will it be small and cramped? Do you get a porthole window? Will there be hundreds of people on board? Happily, the answer to all these questions is ‘no’. River cruising with Avalon Waterways is the epitome of relaxed luxury. Our beautiful ships are small and intimate, offering a refined but unpretentious atmosphere. Our staterooms offer 30 per cent more space than the industry standard, and most include wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows that open to create your own open-air balcony.
Onboard, our lounges and restaurants are light and airy, with three members of staff to every passenger. Evenings are spent enjoying a drink on deck or in the lounge, chatting with friends new and old, admiring the view from your open-air balcony or simply snuggling up to watch a movie in your stateroom. Grab a book, listen to a guest speaker or local musicians, or perhaps even take part in an onboard tasting of wine, beer or regional delicacies.
With a chauffeur-driven car to pick you up from and drop you back home, your holiday begins from the moment you close your front door. Whether you are off to explore Europe’s Christmas Markets, be amazed by the Amazon or meditate along the Mekong, Avalon Waterways will delight in providing you with a river cruise to surpass all others. We are proud to say that our guests have given us a 98% satisfaction rating.
The Avalon Difference
- The largest staterooms on Europe’s rivers, with beds facing stunning river views.
- Private home pick-up service to and from your departure airport included.
- Return flights included from 27 regional UK airports.
- Full board a la carte dining on board with wine and beer included at lunch and dinner.
- On board gratuities included.
- Sightseeing tours included in every port of call.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Spacious bathrooms with fluffy bathrobes, slippers and complimentary L’Occitane toiletries.
- English speaking Cruise Director and Crew.
- We are fully ABTA and ATOL bonded, so you can rest assured that your holiday is fully protected.
Read Active Discovery river cruising with Avalon Waterways by Jeannine Williamson
Chrissy Nason celebrated her mother’s 90th birthday in style on board the Avalon Felicity.
- Part 1 – Chrissy prepares for a 90th birthday treat
- Part 2 – The 90th birthday celebration river cruise
- Part 3 – Strasbourg to Koblenz highlights
- Part 4 – Cologne & Amsterdam highlights
Chrissy Nason attended the christening of the Avalon Poetry II
- Part 1 – First Impressions and Cologne
- Part 2 – Curising through Europe’s rich and turbulent heritage
- Part 3 – Poetry II Christening and Final Impressions
Steve Aldridge travelled on the European waterways on the Avalon Impression
- Part 1 – Magnificent Europe: But where was Bryan Ferry?
- Part 2 – Magnificent Europe: The Fragrance and the Leg
- Part 3 – Magnificent Europe: The Skoda and the Shoes