Silver Travel Advisor Partner - Solos Activity Holidays
More and more Solo clients are seeking to take more activity based holidays. With Walking, Trekking, Golf, Tennis and Skiing as well as Yoga, Cycling and Multi-Activity too, Solos has a diverse range of holidays to cater for all levels of skills, ages and abilities.
Walks & Treks
From the UK, throughout Europe across to Central America, Solos Activity Holidays offer a wide range of walks, treks and rambles across the UK and Worldwide at different grades.
- Easy to Medium – The walks vary in length from an average of 7km to 18km (4.3-11 miles), mostly on good paths and occasionally rough underfoot.
- Medium – The walks average 13km (8 miles) or more, occasionally over rugged terrain. There will be significant ascents and descents, and you should have rambled before.
Solos Activity Holidays give you the chance to take part in a diverse selection of outdoor pursuits and soft adventures. These include Cycling along the Danube OR Catalonia, Yoga & Walking in Crete as well as Island Hopping in the Ionian. Activity weeks are available in Italy, Spain, Greece, Austria and Finland.
All the golf holidays feature sociable competitions organised by a Tour Leader.
- Handicap Players – Where handicap certificates are required, the maximum handicap is 36 for ladies and 28 for gentlemen.
- Non-Handicap Players – For players who do not have an official handicap, or for handicap players who wish to enjoy a more relaxing golf break (not suitable for complete beginners).
- Festivals – Our festival weeks combine enjoyable, team competitions, with 2 individual Stablefords, to find our overall ladies’ and gents’ champions of the week.
Solos Activity Holidays offer a range of tennis holidays throughout the year. Some of the holidays offer a combination of coaching and general match play.
- Improvers – for anyone who knows the basics well enough to play in doubles matches.
- Intermediate to Advanced – for competent players of intermediate level and above.
Skiing is the ultimate group activity, whether you’re a novice or a seasoned snow-lover.
- All Skiers – open to everyone. Resorts with a variety of runs and slopes that cater for all levels of ability.
- Beginners & Intermediates – Resorts selected for their ski schools, confidence-boosting nursery slopes and gentle green and blue runs. Intermediates will also relish developing skills on the good range of red runs on offer. There may also be a small selection of black runs available.
- Intermediates & Advanced – for confident or advanced skiers with a variety of red runs as well as a selection of exciting short or narrow black runs and mogul fields.
- Read more about the exclusive Club Solos resorts.
Solos Activity Holidays on Silver Travel Radio
- Andy Fairburn talks to Jennie about the fun to be had on singles’ activity holidays.
If the soundplayer does not display properly, please click here to listen