The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Win a week’s stay for 2 at thie GK Beach Hotel in Crete

Would love to go back to Crete, it was the first holiday l took my 3 girls on as a single mum. We had a fantastic week in a tiny sleepy fishing village called Bali ( l bet it isnt tiny or sleepy anymore) !!!

Welcome @clematis to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

Essex UK

Stayed in New Kidonia about 30 minutes from Chania 4 years ago at the family-run friendly Yakinthos hotel, located two minutes from the beach & 10 minutes from Iguana beach. Chania’s old town is charming. Would love to re-visit Crete.

I have been to several Greek Islands and loved them all!!!! Would love to go to Crete.

Welcome @PamelaL @Shirleyj @Sparks @Sunshine7122 @chassss @Gknox @Rayzer @PBLeighton @Gill_16 @Valandian @Clarkehouse @jeannie54 @Happy-Traveller @CarolinaMoon @freya101 and @Tru to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

Essex UK

Would love to visit Crete it looks magical.

Tru
Essex

Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to travel much. I did make it to the beautiful island of Kefalonia many, many years ago, but Crete has always been on my ‘bucket list’. I am the (dreaded!!!) 60 this year so time to get going on the ‘bucket list’. If I am not lucky enough to win, perhaps I’ll start with Crete as I have been led to believe it is even more stunning and interesting than Kefalonia!

Have never actually visited Crete for a holiday, only ever seemed to pass through on cruise, although it is somewhere we always intended to visit. However, what with weddings, christenings etc. etc. this is something that seemed to get pushed to the back every time. However, it looks wonderful, so fingers crossed.

Many years have passed since we last visited Crete, the Greek Islands and the people are so inviting. It’s great to have the chance to be the lucky winner of this wonderful holiday.

Warmth and sunshine to set you up for the winter! Joy

This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message