Welcome to our forums.

Where Am I?

Certainly is @ESW and here is the final church for you.

London

There are some wonderful place names in County Durham @Lottie – including Pity Me….

ESW
Lincolnshire

Ah, it’s gone. I’ll have to guess No Place then…it is actually a place in Co Durham, lol. Do I get a prize, lol.

It’s definitely Baroque and European rather than British… Google reliably informs me it is St Paul’s Church in Passau.

ESW
Lincolnshire

Thank you @iwent for the information. It’s a super analogy. Going through cancer treatment is definitely a ‘journey’!

ESW
Lincolnshire

Thanks for that @iwent I will remember that next time I see it.

London

ESW wrote:

the marker statue for the new cancer centre at Guy’s Hospital in London

ESW wrote:
What are the animals @Fossil

Oh @ESW I do hate unanswered questions like that.

It seems the animals are less important than the vessel they are travelling in.
The piece, in bronze and concrete, is titled Boat, by artist Daniel Silver (note the surname, fellow Silver Travellers!)

Silver’s inspiration was a 50ft Roman boat found buried more than fifteen feet beneath the Centre in 1958.
Apparently, even before any of us were born, London was once a city of islands and canals (think Venice). So he takes the link “to our history and our collective journey”, onwards through “our individual journeys through London and the wider world”, and to “patient journeys through the Cancer Centre and through treatment”.

Information taken from the Guy’s and St Thomas’ website

Spot on @ESW knowing how you like your churches, have a go at this one.

London

That one has really sorted me out, but I think it may be the state dining room at Inverary Castle, which was used in the Christmas 2012 special of Diwntown Abbey.

ESW
Lincolnshire

As you got that one so quickly @ESW try this one.

London
4255 Posts
Sign in to add your message