Welcome to our forums.

Where Am I?

Fossil wrote:

ossil
08:42 22-Sep-20

@coolonespa had the answer, well done Steve it is indeed the Touching Souls statue at Tewkesbury Abbey.
The clues were the Green Shield Stamp notice that would perhaps indicate the location is in an old town or area, the large wall built of distinctive Cotswold Stone would indicate the area, the shield is a shield used by a knight as can be seen from the fact it carries a crest which with the other clues would perhaps lead to the Battle of Tewkesbury in 1471 an important battle in the Battle of the Roses and finally the seat with the memorial plaque perhaps indicating a memorial are

I’d never have got that in a million years!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@coolonespa had the answer, well done Steve it is indeed the Touching Souls statue at Tewkesbury Abbey.
The clues were the Green Shield Stamp notice that would perhaps indicate the location is in an old town or area, the large wall built of distinctive Cotswold Stone would indicate the area, the shield is a shield used by a knight as can be seen from the fact it carries a crest which with the other clues would perhaps lead to the Battle of Tewkesbury in 1471 an important battle in the Battle of the Roses and finally the seat with the memorial plaque perhaps indicating a memorial area.

London

Fossil wrote:

look at the other clues.

Sorry – I’m obviously missing something. The statues seem to be young people from various races forming a star with their legs and I don’t recognise the shield so I’m out. Hopefully someone else can guess.

@yorkshirecat not Port Sunlight, look at the other clues.

London

I’ve not seen this before and can’t pick up much from the clues. Green Shield stamps sign implies it’s an historic village of some sort in the UK so I’ll guess at Port Sunlight in Liverpool?

Ive not been there but I have seen this before so I’ll give others a try before I say anything.

Interesting Green Shield stamps sign in the background. They were discontinued in the 90s, so either its an old photo, a place that deals in memorabilia or doesn’t change its decor very often

Essex UK

Where am I, lots of clues in the picture.

London

@yorkshirecat wrote:

Lopud island on the other side of Dubrovnik

Good one.

Essex UK

Very close @Coolonespa! This was actually Lopud island on the other side of Dubrovnik where my speedboat was heading. Apparently Dubrovnik is used as King’s Landing in GOT – I’ve never watched it but husband is a fan.

yorkshirecat wrote:

but on my map Turkey is East/North East of Hydra

Oh yes, what an idiot

OK that is Croatia then, amazing GOT locations, so I’ll go for lokrum island

Essex UK
4579 Posts
Sign in to add your message