Welcome to our forums.

What is it?

@GreyWolf wrote:

we’re getting a lot of live stream electronic advertising hoardings

Linking this with the climate change thread……perhaps dear Greta Thunberg should target the marketing industry. I wonder what the impact on emissions would be if we turned all these boards off and stopped a tree load of junk coming through our letter box every day?

Essex UK

GreyWolf wrote:

,,what happens if you drive into the car in front because you’re too busy gawping at the pretty girl on the hoarding screen ?!!

It’s called “Driving without due care and attention” The maximum penalty is nine points on your licence and up to a £5,000 fine or disqualification.

London

Something that belongs in the film “Blade Runner”, we’re getting a lot of live stream electronic advertising hoardings in t’ Merrie Citie: 24/7 non stop commercial bombardment whichever way you look. Likewise the new Black Monolith touch screen BT phone boxes, I’ve yet to see anybody actually use one since they arrived. Is it the same in your area ?

,,,what happens if you drive into the car in front because you’re too busy gawping at the pretty girl on the hoarding screen ?!!

Last Edited by GreyWolf at 11 Feb 12:15

@Fossil wrote:

an advertising electronic board

Fossil wrote:

an eyesore taking up road and pavement area

Correct on both counts & again for Kensington. Well spotted

Essex UK

Saw something like it overseas somewhere, think it was Tenerife and it was the cover for a concert area and an advertising electronic board. Have no idea what this is other than an eyesore taking up road and pavement area. Looks a bit like part of one of my old areas before retirement, Kensington A4.

London

Anybody going to have a try?

Essex UK

Spotted this in London last week, but apart from being a huge sculpture…..what is it?

Essex UK

Nice one @yorkshirecat There are quite a few that have been turned into book exchanges now in the UK. Great to find one in Santa Barbara.

Essex UK

Thanks @coolonespa and @cruzeroqueen1 – delighted to have got it right. It reminds of this telephone box I spotted down a back street in Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone, now a library l

coolonespa wrote:

oolonespa
09:47 05-Oct-19

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

No point in waiting for me, I’m hopeless at these!

Come on Gill, its the participation that counts

@yorkshirecat wrote:

Just listening to Debbie Harry

Ahhhh as I read this that song jumped from the back of my mind and started playing before I read the rest of the text…..great song.

Well done, you got it. I’m looking forward to telling my Grandchildren about this box when I take them to the Science museum and expecting the same disbelieving looks that I got from my own children when I showed them one many, many years ago.

Well done @Yorkshirecat – would never have got that in a million years!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain
1425 Posts
Sign in to add your message