Welcome to our forums.

What are your Christmas displays like?

Do you know I haven’t even been into town to have a look at the lights yet. Will go have a look today.

OK checked the local ones out today. Some would say less is more & that the minimalist approach is best. I’m not that person

Essex UK

Ours are pretty bleak and unimaginative, a few coloured light displays hanging from lamp post and that’s about it really….

Bedford

Looking forward to seeing the Oxford Street and Regent Street lights tomorrow.

London

Do you know I haven’t even been into town to have a look at the lights yet. Will go have a look today.

Essex UK

Some might call them ‘tasteful’ – but I live in a market town that has pretensions at times. I think we could do with more ‘bling’

Quite nice for a small town, our bridges are all lit with Christmas lights, we have several lit Christmas trees in the town centre and surrounding village centres. Lights across the streets. Our town lights are funded by a Rotary Club

Northumberland

Minimalist would be too kind a word. Merrie Citie is a bit like your ageing grandma who just dusts down and brings out the same old worn decorations year after year.

There’s probably more glitz coming from private shops and businesses.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I read this article from BBC News indicating that many town displays aren’t up to much this year and Canterbury have made the decision to scrap their lights altogether rather than persist with sub-standard ones.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25141228

The display in Scunthorpe is pretty pathetic with a few decorations strung up on lamp posts. Not even the shops are doing much in the way of decorations either. Some of the best disaplays are on ordinary houses.

Beverely on the other hand is ablaze with light and many shops have Christmas trees and Christmas lights on their fronts.

What is happening around you?

ESW
Lincolnshire
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message