The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

What are you watching?

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:04 13-Sep-20

Welcome @Glorydays to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

BGT is not my thing at all but I know my wife will be tuning in.

What I have been watching is World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji. Absolutely fascinating documentary about a test of skill, endurance & stamina, an amazing testament to what humans can do. The show is great though because its interlaced with very intimate (and sometimes tearjerking) stories. Like the guy racing one last time with his Dad who has early onset of Alzheimer’s disease. The team all in their 60s, others dealing with personal tradegies or facing their fears. Great show.

Bear Grylls is the “anchorman” of the show.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Worlds-Toughest-Race-Eco-Challenge-Fiji-Season/dp/B08BBPQW9W

Sounds interesting, Steve – I like to watch the incredible things some people are capable of, but from the comfort
of my armchair!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Welcome @Glorydays to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

BGT is not my thing at all but I know my wife will be tuning in.

What I have been watching is World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji. Absolutely fascinating documentary about a test of skill, endurance & stamina, an amazing testament to what humans can do. The show is great though because its interlaced with very intimate (and sometimes tearjerking) stories. Like the guy racing one last time with his Dad who has early onset of Alzheimer’s disease. The team all in their 60s, others dealing with personal tradegies or facing their fears. Great show.

Bear Grylls is the “anchorman” of the show.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Worlds-Toughest-Race-Eco-Challenge-Fiji-Season/dp/B08BBPQW9W

Essex UK

Is anyone watching Britain’s got talent

“Contagion” Thriller. This film came out way back in 2011 and imagines how a global pandemic may affect the world. Watching it now it plays out almost like a documentary, accurately portraying random virus causation and rapid proliferation, media manipulation, mass graves, unprepared medical sector, track and trace, news spin, whistleblowers, big pharma profit prophets, political blundering, panic buying, vaccine hysteria, looting, military intervention with alarming accuracy…makes you think whether Hollywood knows a lot more than we do in advance with current world events. All star cast, excellent character portrayals, There’s also a rather quirky short animated public information film about how to survive a pandemic as a “bonus” feature…doesn’t get more topical than this.

Last Edited by Grey-Wolf at 30 Aug 13:35
Wakefield, West Yorks.

coolonespa wrote:

Fossil wrote:

’Ducks in a row" are they witnesses!!

Deemed as ineligible by the bill because they’re all quackers

Nice one!

Fossil wrote:

Deemed as ineligible by the bill because they’re all quackers

Essex UK

London

Fossil wrote:

But are they really true procedures?

I wouldn’t know really. Seemed realistic enough but I have no frame of reference. What was interesting was that the series hasn’t stopped now the bad guy has been caught. They are keeping the team together to build the case, get their documentation, evidence sorted & “ducks in a row” for the CPS.

Essex UK

Watched a fascinating documentary last night all about the Irish Potato Famine of 1845-47.
Made me quite ashamed to be English!

coolonespa wrote:

its very detailed portrayal of police and hospital procedures

But are they really true procedures?
Unfortunately there are many ‘Police’ programmes on television that are just made for entertainment and the procedures or should I say lack of them may make good entertainment but are nowhere near reality.

London
70 Posts
Sign in to add your message