Welcome to our forums.

What are you up to today.......

It’s been raining cats and dogs today so I just spent a dry afternoon watching the film “The Imitation Game” starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing.

My last birthday outing was spent at Bletchley Park and my ticket is still valid until next July. No doubt I will be visiting Bletchley again, especially now I have seen the film and the background info on the Enigma machine.

Having seen photos of Alan Turing, I would have cast Rory Kinnear rather than Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing. The former had a supporting role in the film but not a box office draw, unlike Benedict Cumberbatch.

Last Edited by applegroupie at 13 Oct 17:37

Spent pretty much the whole day in the rain yesterday at the Dinosaur special at Colchester Zoo, so whatever I doing today it will be in the dry

Essex UK

@coolenspa, That is true.

North Northumberland

Finally got Cruise Ticket and Cabin Allocation for my forthcoming cruise, so will be in downloading
mode with those and Boarding Passes for flights, etc. etc.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

PamWNorth wrote:

a lovely display by the dolphins

That’s nice. I don’t think we can ever tire of dolphins frolicking in the water.

Essex UK

I have been at my late Mothers house, as an Antique Agent was picking up the last of the antiques as hopefully we have sold the house. Whilst I was waiting I saw a lovely display by the dolphins who seem to love our stretch of coast..

North Northumberland

Thank you @coolonespa. You’re right. And hopefully, our presence at this time comfort her.

I have a weird way of coping with losses. I love to be alone and do some long drives. Today I did that as an ode to my friend. We use to drive around and talk thru radios. Now though, I had a really quiet ride. But I feel better. It’s like honoring our tradition together.

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
19:54 01-Oct-19

Getting the thread back on track today has been packing for a river cruise starting tomorrow in Dusseld

Have a great time, Alan, @Fossil – and I’ll look forward to the reveiw on your return.

Last Edited by Cruzeroqueen1 at 02 Oct 09:47
Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Fossil wrote:

been packing for a river cruise starting tomorrow in Dusseldorf.

Safe travels Alan, have fun.

@ubrus wrote:

lost a dear friend

Sorry to hear about that, these things are never easy but any support you show will (I’m sure) be gratefully received.

As for me, I’m looking into going back to Sri Lanka. They are so heavily dependant on tourism and there is a strong push to get people to go back. Selective Asia are offering an unprecedented destination-wide discount to help support Sri Lanka – to do this, they have arranged a 20% discount on all new bookings for holidays to Sri Lanka taken prior to 30 June 2020.

Seems like an offer too good to miss and I can do some good at the same time. Let the planning commence.

Essex UK

Getting the thread back on track today has been packing for a river cruise starting tomorrow in Dusseldorf.

London
3461 Posts
Sign in to add your message