Welcome to our forums.

What are you reading ?

Half way through "Hunt for Red October" and the screen of my Kobo has gone on the blink. Will have to take it back to the store when I return to the UK.

As far as I know you can download a Kobo desktop app to your laptop that will let you read books you have purchased. It might help you finish the book before you get back to the UK to get a replacement.

Essex UK

Ha-Ha!! Toldya !! Good old Lo-Tech printed page beats Hi-Tech everytime !!!

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Half way through "Hunt for Red October" and the screen of my Kobo has gone on the blink. Will have to take it back to the store when I return to the UK.

London

I’ve put the Val McDermid back on the shelf….I just wasn’t interested enough in the characters, the setting or the plot to continue after 3 chapters. Instead, I’m reading Katherine McMahon’s "The Rose of Sebastopol", about the Crimean war, and am instantly fascinated.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

"New Statesman" Special issue: A-Z of Iran…absolutely fascinating treatise on the peoples of the Persias their customs, their systems, their traditions, their rites and rituals, their punishments and their plutonium. I would recommend this as a highly engrossing and informative read about what must be at present the most fascinating country in the world.

I’m not sure if Silver Travellers have sampled this far off Eastern land for tourism .

Wakefield, West Yorks.

My neighbour runs stalls for various organisations and always passes on books to me, I hae just started a paperback by John Simpson, titled ’A mad world, My masters. tales from a travellers life.

My goodness I can hardly bear to put it down, it’s fascinating, now please excuse me I must get back to the book. CG

I’ve just started my first ever Val McDermid book, after reading an interview with her at the weekend.
I don’t need a charity shop- I just hunt through our 100s of books, and invariably come up with an author I’ve wanted to read….I should swear away from charity shops until I’ve cracked a few more from my shelves….

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
Hunt for Red October.

One of my favourite films.

Essex UK

Hunt for Red October.

London

Finished the Peace & War Trilogy, posted about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=200&t=1005&p=8761#p8761
Also finished the Hard Way by Lee Child, a Jack Reacher novel. Very enjoyable but not quite up to the "can’t put it down" standard of the rest I’ve read so far. Some gory descriptions too.

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message