Welcome to our forums.

What are you reading?

John Boyne: The Heart’s Invisible Furies.
Would highly recommend.

Gullane

I was curious & had a look at a few reviews, which seemed to be of a similar mind. I’m not sure another Scarpetta adventure will be high on my reading list for a while.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:58 10-May-20

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Just finished The Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell – a writer renowned for meticulous research and good plotlines. Personally, I thought it ended a bit abruptly – would have liked more i;s dotted and t’s crossed.

I realised after your post that my next book in the Scarpetta series was Trace….trying to read them in order. Remarkably I ended this one feeling exactly the same as you did about your book. There were some key details or elements that either were implied or left hanging in the wind. Also the “wrapping up” of each of the strands of the story were all a bit dull really. A bit disappointed with this one.

What can I say, Steve, except:- “Great minds think alike!”

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Just finished The Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell – a writer renowned for meticulous research and good plotlines.
Personally, I thought it ended a bit abruptly – would have liked more i;s dotted and t’s crossed.

I realised after your post that my next book in the Scarpetta series was Trace….trying to read them in order. Remarkably I ended this one feeling exactly the same as you did about your book. There were some key details or elements that either were implied or left hanging in the wind. Also the “wrapping up” of each of the strands of the story were all a bit dull really. A bit disappointed with this one.

Essex UK

My Spring edition of the RMP Journal that arrived yesterday. Great to hear and see what is happening around the world.

London

Just finished Nora Roberts ‘Witness’. A young girl witnesses a Russina Mafia murder and goes on
the run. A good read, and all her characters are very well-rounded so you ‘feel for them’ throughout
the story.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Thanks for getting back to me @TedKngt and glad you’re enjoying it. Not one I’ve read but sounds like I should at some point.

Essex UK

coolonespa Have not finished it yet but it’s been an enjoyable read, to say the least. Enjoyed the church politics more than I thought I would. Have you read it?

@TedKngt wrote:

Umberto Eco’s The Name of the Rose

Have you finished this yet? Been interested to know what you thought about it when you have finished.

Essex UK

Picked up an old book we have at home, I have Umberto Eco’s The Name of the Rose. Have not read him before but heard the name, didn’t realise it was his first novel. Also, browsing through this can’t really apply anything and I’m anticipating it will be for a long time, but neat knowing a few bits like everything starting with a beer stand for Marriott. I’m lining up Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things next and a few more suggested articles I saw on this forum.

Sign in to add your message