Welcome to our forums.

What are you having for dinner today?

Good one Gill (Once I’d translated it)

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

Going traditional today and having Toad in the Hole. Not sure if I’ll be trusted to make the Yorkshire. Probably not a good time for me to experiment when a culinary slip up could mean an extra trip to the supermarket

You almost definitely won’t do it right, Steve, as you’re a ‘foreigner’!

YORKSHIRE PUDDING (not sure of author)

Somebody just told me that the recipe for OUR Yorkshires cem From Normandy,that’s Normandy en France!
That was a bit of a blow. Seems it’s similar to their crepes – Their skinny little pan-cakes that they fold ovver
to mek em sommat reasonable. Fill em wi jam and sell from a van. NAY COOM ON – that can’t be reet.
It’s obvious we tekken this job tiv an art form. T’foundation of Yorkshire family life yo sit down on a Sunday, in
front of them beautiful buttercups, Four-square on thee plate. Fill em wi gravy, then tek a moment ti meditate.
Cos,when you brek sides and gravy spills ovver it’ – like when you were a kid, pulling a branch out t’ beck, flooding.

Like running pell-mell out of t’ school when bell went. And anither thing, you et em fust, separate – times were
hard, you didn’t get mich meat. That way they could last, have em cawd on Monday – If you were lucky and they
had’nt been pinched on Sunday night. Some folk like to em to have treacle ont -which is a bit like the French job.
But Tate and Lyle is hardly “confiture”.

Naw,when a man’s abroad, been foreign like. Had plenty Chinese and a curry or two. T’Last thing he wants is
a flimsy froggie frappe. He wants a Yorkshire And when he’s got outside em, ‘e know he’s YAM.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Going traditional today and having Toad in the Hole. Not sure if I’ll be trusted to make the Yorkshire. Probably not a good time for me to experiment when a culinary slip up could mean an extra trip to the supermarket

Essex UK

Not that I’m boring and predictable, you understand, but exactly the same as the last
time I posted on 8th March!

@middleearth wrote:

Being cooked by hubby

Well done hubby. I find it quite therapeutic really. Did spiced pork with sweet potato yesterday but did it at lunchtime so I didn’t have to prepare anything after the street party.

Essex UK

Chicken and meat salad, no time for cooking after the street party.

London

Omelette(cheese,bacon) and chips. Being cooked by hubby,who now he is retired has taken over cooking! Hooray!!

Bristol

Grilled lamb chops, mature cheddar cheese, tomatoes and pork sausages. Dessert was mango and passion fruit cheesecake

Chicken, mushroom and red pepper curry, with rice and poppadums, followed by lemon icecream.

Don’t know yet. Waiting to see whats on the ships menu when we arrive.

London
1084 Posts
Sign in to add your message