Welcome to our forums.

Singapore 'In Transit' Arrangement.

Here’s alternative good tip for those lucky enough to be disembarking at Singapore’s Marina Bay Cruise Terminal…

…and having spare hours to visit the Lion City.

Inside the terminal isa left luggage facility…

Charges are pretty reasonable and are S$9.00 per item for the first two items and S$7.50 for subsequent items.

The only real restriction is that they must be collected from the terminal by 18.00 hours on the day deposited.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:…

Changi is my favourite airport, – and they do have a cinema, as well as 3 rooftop gardens to explore and enjoy”.

Changi is certainly a nice airport…

…and they are currently busy constructing a new Terminal 5.

However, like most airports the airlines have strict ‘luggage check-in times’ prior to flights, the average for Singapore being 3 hours. Our Qatar flight being no exception.

As my OP stated, we had some TEN hours before our flight and therefore use of the facilities ‘air’ side, most of which rightly attract a cost…

http://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-experience/attractions-and-services/swimming-pool.html

were not really an option.

The Crowne Plaza was ideal and literally 4 minutes walk from the hotel lobby to the Qatar Check-in counter. The Bell Boy even provided us with an airport luggage trolley…

Last Edited by Solent_Richard at 13 Nov 09:03

I like Changi – though haven’t done a stopover there. But I love the airport in Bangkok – busy and brash, like the city,

@Cruzeroqueen1 I did not know about the cinemas at Changi airport! Wonder if they were already in situ when I was there or I just missed them. I think all major airports should have cinemas. I think all major airports should offer facilities like Changi.

Changi is my favourite airport, @applegroupie – and they do have a cinema, as well as 3 rooftop gardens to explore and enjoy.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

That was a smart move @Solent-Richard_1 !

If you have not booked the complete cruise package from the cruise ship company and a travel agent packages the cruise for you, i.e. cruise + air flights separately, then you get “dumped” at the airport like we were a few years ago at 9am in Miami and our flight was not until 8pm that evening! Worse still we couldn’t check-in our luggage until 4pm the earliest. We had a super cruise but the return journey was a nightmare. We could have put our luggage in left luggage and ventured out again but we have been to Miami many times before and we were in no mood to go to the shopping malls. We just wanted to get home.

At least at Singapore Changi airport there is free wi-fi, comfortable seating and a free bus tour of the city if your flight is in the evening. Miami airport has hardly any amenities. I think airports should have cinemas on site for passengers to while away their time waiting for their flights!

In 2010 we were due to go on a transatlantic cruise on the Ruby Princess but it was cancelled due to ash clouds over Iceland. We had paid for the Princess package, i.e. cruise, flights with transfer, and they refunded our money within 3 days. We re-booked a package to Hawaii on the Golden Princess. At the end of the cruise the flight was late afternoon. We were taken to a posh hotel where their ballroom was converted into a dayroom for the passengers. There were refreshments + a buffet lunch too. At approx 4pm we were bussed to the airport. This was such a contrast to being left at Miami at 9am!

Solent-Richard_1 wrote:

You always know when your staying in a quality hotel when these little extras are standard…

A decent Coffee Machine…

This was in our cabin on the Emily Bronte on our recent Danube river cruise. A Nespresso coffee machine + 6 pods which were replenished everyday.

Solent-Richard_1 wrote:

, but I did have a ‘burger’ for lunch around the poo: even if it was delivered with considerable style…

I hope that’s a typo …

JoCarroll wrote:

“Goodness, what luxury! I stayed in hostels in Singapore, clean and friendly and nothing like this!”

Ah, but I did have a ‘burger’ for lunch around the poo: even if it was delivered with considerable style…

Goodness, what luxury! I stayed in hostels in Singapore, clean and friendly and nothing like this!

You always know when your staying in a quality hotel when these little extras are standard…

A decent Coffee Machine…

An Iron and Ironing Board there without asking…

Sockets that are already international…

…and a complimentary (during your stay), mobile phone…

…with FREE call plan.

You do get what you pay for.

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message