Welcome to our forums.

Cars, cars and more cars (Vans welcome too)

Unusual paint job found on 17 mile drive California

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:49 11-Oct-19

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

‘bloated capitalists’

Ahhh Gill. Had this ‘bloated capitalist’ won the Euro Millions £170m jackpot I would have had one shipped to you as your very own plaything. Sadly, although the jackpot went to someone in the UK, it wasn’t me. So we’ll both have to stay as one car families.

@Fossil wrote:

was not a poor pensioners car

Wot! My humble Ford load lugger!! Anyway it was Gill (her of many cruises) that made the “poor pensioner” claim. The car in the video is a beauty.

Thanks to both of you for starting my day with a smile

Thanks, Steve – you’ve warmed the cockles of me heart with your generous gift – in spirit if not in deed – of my million!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

‘bloated capitalists’

Ahhh Gill. Had this ‘bloated capitalist’ won the Euro Millions £170m jackpot I would have had one shipped to you as your very own plaything. Sadly, although the jackpot went to someone in the UK, it wasn’t me. So we’ll both have to stay as one car families.

@Fossil wrote:

was not a poor pensioners car

Wot! My humble Ford load lugger!! Anyway it was Gill (her of many cruises) that made the “poor pensioner” claim. The car in the video is a beauty.

Thanks to both of you for starting my day with a smile

Essex UK

The car you gave me a lift in at Southampton was not a poor pensioners car, so putting the B.S to one side Steve it was indeed a luggage rack and was first developed in the early 50’s when sports cars had no boot, just an outer space for a spare wheel.

London

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:05 10-Oct-19

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I need a huge boot to carry all my suitcases to the airport!

Tut tut This ones just for fun, you can have an old Volvo estate as well as your load carrier

Maybe ‘bloated capitalists’ like yourself can afford more than one car but a poor pensioner like
me (pause for sympathy) has to err on the side of practicality

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I need a huge
boot to carry all my suitcases to the airport!

Tut tut This ones just for fun, you can have an old Volvo estate as well as your load carrier

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:23 09-Oct-19

I think its a luggage rack Gill. As I understand it, under the hood sat the petrol tank & spare tyre like this:

Ah, I see – thanks for the explanation. Don’t think i’ll bother getting one of those – I need a huge
boot to carry all my suitcases to the airport!

I think its a luggage rack Gill. As I understand it, under the hood sat the petrol tank & spare tyre like this:

Whilst the truck was full of the engine like this:

So to take any luggage the owners need to fit a rack for their case or picnic hamper.

Essex UK

What is that supposed to be attached to the back, Steve?

117 Posts
Sign in to add your message