Welcome to our forums.

Cars, cars and more cars (Vans welcome too)

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:53 13-Jun-19

I’ll have to look out for the series on catch up TV. OH sounds like a very practical guy.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it Steve, @coolonespa . Yes, he is, – was/is a mechanical engineer and can solve
most problems, thinking outside the box, and being very adaptive – we’ve never had to ‘get a man in’ yet.
(Mind you, I think he sacrificed a ‘romantic gene’ along the way!).

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

I’ll have to look out for the series on catch up TV. OH sounds like a very practical guy.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:12 12-Jun-19

Thanks Gill. I know of Fred Dibnah and watched a few of his “take downs” but didn’t follow his series. Do you have to keep an eye on OH in case he sneaks off & demolishes a local chimney?

If you enjoyed his demolitions, you’d enjoy his series, with all his steam engines and what-have-you. In that area, I ALWAYS have to keep an eye on OH! (He’s a Fred Dibnah/ Heath Robinson love child!!). When, a few years ago, he kept a boat in Florida, he was gob-smacked that most people in the marinas around the area were very ‘un-hands-on’. They had to get a ‘yacht-expert’ in to deal wilth the most minor of problems. He caused a stir one time (which got the locals out with cameras and videos) when a friend had a problem and was going to get an ‘expert’ with a cherry-picker to sort out some problem at the top of the main mast. Despite just having a hip replacement and in his late 70’s, he shinned up to the top of the 50’ mast and sorted out the problem, with no time waste nor expense.

Thanks Gill. I know of Fred Dibnah and watched a few of his “take downs” but didn’t follow his series. Do you have to keep an eye on OH in case he sneaks off & demolishes a local chimney?

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:22 11-Jun-19

Some interesting vehicles at Carters Steam Fair:

Good pics., Steve @coolonespa Were you a fan of Fred Dibnah and follow his series?
OH’s mentor!

Some interesting vehicles at Carters Steam Fair:

Essex UK

Nice one @Albatrail

Essex UK

Not sure if this tiny landrover belongs in this category or not,

Scotland

@Fossil wrote:

Sad thing is

Even more sad is that you didn’t keep one, be worth a few bob now.

Essex UK

Sad thing is, I can remember many of them when they were first made!!

London
78 Posts
Sign in to add your message