Welcome to our forums.

Cars, cars and more cars (Vans welcome too)

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I loved the way they kept things going a la Blue Peter

That’s right Gill. The restrictions placed upon the Cubans have led to generations of high ingenuity people, who have a culture of fixing & mending rather than throw away & buy new. Its interesting that there has been a strong movement in Europe to fix/mend more to cut down on waste & landfill, so we could learn a lot from the Cubans. I’m full of admiration for their resilience & ingenious ways.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:23 11-Feb-19

Great little video about the 1950s car turning heads in Syria. Reminds me of Cuba:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-47175389/the-1950s-car-turning-heads-in-syria

Me, too Steve @coolonespa – I loved the way they kept things going a la Blue Peter, with sticky back plastic
and elastic bands, etc.!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Great little video about the 1950s car turning heads in Syria. Reminds me of Cuba:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-47175389/the-1950s-car-turning-heads-in-syria

Essex UK

Beijing seemed to have a thing for really tiny cars, not sure I’d have been able to get into either of these:

Essex UK

As I mentioned Cuba on another thread, lets have a classic car from Havana:

Essex UK

I thought this van had “old” written on the side but when I looked at the picture later I realise it said “Cold”. Could make the C out as it flashed by:

Essex UK

From July 2005’s Classic car and motorbike rally at Portsmouth. I think they run it or something similar most years:

Essex UK

A fair attempt to recreate a VW camper van by a riverside trader in Xiamen:

Essex UK

Hong Kong taxi with what looks like the HK version of the Tardis in the background

Essex UK

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Brilliant concept!

Aside from the cost, you wonder why it never caught on, especially in cities where tight parking spaces are the norm.

Essex UK
65 Posts
Sign in to add your message