Welcome to our forums.

East Coast rail back in private hands

Really hope this service improves as it’s been a challenge for so long.

And when it does, will they sell it again … and the profit-makers discover that it will never make enough money and so things will deteriorate again? It does feel as if this is one line that really should be a public service

Lets hope it improves and quickly.

Essex UK

I use the service all the time so will update. The first thing they need to do is to replace the anciient trains that keep breaking down, bringing about serious delays and quite frequently cancellations. I have lost count of the number of announcements I have heard that trains are delayed or a service cancelled, due to a broken down train. Those that can use alternative transport have done so, I have been known to use the coach instead of the train even though the coach takes longer, simply because at least I know the Coach will run.

North Northumberland

Yes lets hope so @Albatrail

Be good for anyone who uses the service after the move back to update this thread with some feedback please.

Essex UK

@PamWNorth wrote:

East Coast line is going back into public ownership

I hope they have the same management as they had last time it was in public ownership
@coolonespa

Scotland

PamWNorth wrote:

I have just heard on our local news that the East Coast line is going back into public ownership next month.

Yes I spotted that on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44142258

Essex UK

I am old enough to remember the days of British Rail, disruption, strikes etc. No thank you. My local company is South Eastern. Yes we sometimes, get delays and cancellations but that pales into insignificance compared with 50 years ago.

London

I have just heard on our local news that the East Coast line is going back into public ownership next month.

North Northumberland

It appears bring back british rail is thinking of mounting a legal challenge, read more at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43821044

Essex UK

Sounds like it should go back to East Coast then. Perhaps this line should be the exception to the rule as far as private ownership goes.

Essex UK
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message