Welcome to our forums.

Easyjet cabin baggage

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

have sometimes been asked it I’d put my carry-on in the hold when overhead locker space has been tight, but always free of charge, @Joodee .

Same here, Never been charged. Maybe that is because the bag is of the correct size.

London

Joodee wrote:

Joodee
11:20 11-Aug-19

The last couple of times we have travelled with Easyjet the staff at the boarding gate have told some people with large cabin bags they need to put them in the hold and the staff have tagged them. The bags have then been left at the aircraft door with the usual pushchairs. Easyjet turn around times are very tight and cutting this time down by forcing more people to opt for putting luggage in the hold seems to be the motive as well as extracting more money from passengers of course.

I have sometimes been asked it I’d put my carry-on in the hold when overhead locker space has been tight, but always free of charge, @Joodee .

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

The last couple of times we have travelled with Easyjet the staff at the boarding gate have told some people with large cabin bags they need to put them in the hold and the staff have tagged them. The bags have then been left at the aircraft door with the usual pushchairs. Easyjet turn around times are very tight and cutting this time down by forcing more people to opt for putting luggage in the hold seems to be the motive as well as extracting more money from passengers of course.

Bournemouth

Ryanair are worse but despite wishing we did not have to use either, living in the Westcountry makes flying difficult at the best of times without travelling long distances and their prices are unbeatable

Follow the link below for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=177&t=2321&p=17668&hilit=easyjet#p17668

Essex UK

Thanks for that scubydoo, saw it on the news. Wizz Air have done exactly the same except the size of cabin bag is a lot smaller and even the old size cabin bag has to go in the aircraft hold at a cost.

London

I dont know if anyone has been made aware of the new Easyjet cabin baggage rules. It seems that, if I have read it correctly, the ‘recommended’ size of hand luggage has been reduced. This baggage is ’ guaranteed’ to be allowed in the cabin. Should you turn up with the older sized hand luggage it will still be allowed in the cabin ’ if room permits’. Should it be deemed that there is insufficient room in the overhead lockers, the non guaranteed hand luggage will be placed in the hold, at no extra charge. So is there going to be a certain amount of room reserved for ‘guaranteed’ hand luggage? What happens if the person with the correct sized bag is one of the last ones to board, and it has been filled up with ‘non guaranteed’? I’m sure they’ve worked it all out,but it pays to be forewarned

7 Posts
Sign in to add your message