Welcome to our forums.

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:05 12-Aug-19

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

A friend close by has just booked to go to Sevilla next year, so have sent her a copy of your Review, thanks.

Thanks Gill an impressive bit of recycling

I always try to do my bit!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

A friend close by has just booked to go to Sevilla next year, so have sent her a copy of your Review, thanks.

Thanks Gill an impressive bit of recycling

Essex UK

Thank you all for your replies. I think my best bet would be Alicante in a few weeks time,then possibly Valencia late spring next year. Milan does look nice,but I prefer smaller towns and cities. Once again,thank you for your help.

Northampton

Madrid – I had no idea how wonderful it is till I went a couple of years ago (it had rained for about three weeks so I bought a flight and arrived less than 24hrs later) – and was bowled over by it.

Plenty of piazzas to sit about in and watch the world go by. Visitors from everywhere. Do your homework and you can find quiet places, and busy places. And the art galleries are simply wonderful. I’m going back in late September, to remind myself why I love it.

Hello @Waine
I had a holiday home in between Valencia and Alicante for over 15 years so know both areas quite well. Personally I would suggest Alicante for several reasons. Firstly the airport is served by many of the budget airlines from the UK. Alicante is a city that combines the new with the old. Excellent beaches if you want to relax in the sun. Visit the Castle of Santa Barbara or the various museums. Take the train along the coast up towards Javea and see the area away from the large holiday resorts.
Unless you like the heat I would avoid Seville as even in September temperatures can still approach 40c, it’s not called the ‘Frying Pan’ of Spain without reason.
Where ever you choose, have a great time.

London

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:12 11-Aug-19

There’s plenty of places that would meet your criteria in Spain. Haven’t been to Valencia but Alicante can be quite nice. The castle is great, there’s a nice marina and plenty of shady streets to stroll around.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I would have suggested Seville from the description you gave. Have a look at the piece I wrote when I was there for a day but its firmly on my list to go back and explore more:

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/cruise-small-ship-cruising/variety-cruises-glories-of-spain-and-portugal-part-2

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

There’s plenty of places that would meet your criteria in Spain. Haven’t been to Valencia but Alicante can be quite nice. The castle is great, there’s a nice marina and plenty of shady streets to stroll around.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I would have suggested Seville from the description you gave. Have a look at the piece I wrote when I was there for a day but its firmly on my list to go back and explore more:

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/cruise-small-ship-cruising/variety-cruises-glories-of-spain-and-portugal-part-2

Essex UK

Hi I have been looking at Valencia or Alicante for a week’s break mid September,but cannot decide which. I just want somewhere I can stroll round,stop for a coffee and watch the World go by. Maybe have a chat with locals or fellow travellers from different countries I would also like to be able to go out for a quiet drink in the evening without any hassle. Has anyone been to eitherplace recently? any comments,good or bad would be welcome. Tia Richard

Northampton
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message