Welcome to our forums.

Rental cars

coolonespa wrote:

I had a flat tyre in South Africa and AVIS turned up with a replacement car.

Now that is what you call service.

London

That’s a real shame.

I had a flat tyre in South Africa and AVIS turned up with a replacement car. So I didn’t even have to wait for them to change/repair the tyre. Perhaps you should consider them for your next car hire experience.

Essex UK

I had to hire a replacement car at my expense and neither Budget Whitehorse nor Budget HQ accept any liability on the additional hire cost.

Welcome @hengis to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

I’d be interested to know a bit more about what happened here. Did they refuse to replace the crashed car and did you then hire another out of your own pocket? What was the basis of their refusal to reimburse you e.g. did they claim you had inadequate insurance?

Essex UK

On a holiday to the Yukon and Alaska I hired a Budget car in the Yukon. Unfortunately in Alaska , when avoiding a young moose, I crashed the car. Budget wont reimburse me for a replacement car. What a crock

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message