Welcome to our forums.

Camping in Scotland in october

@Borodianne wrote:

travelling with our dog may make accommodation more difficulet,

Perhaps not so difficult as you might think, more and more hotels are allowing dogs now although only in certain rooms and not in the restaurants.
fingers crossed for nice weather

I hope you’re lucky, snow is a possibility, not a probability. Enjoy.

Scotland

Thanks Albatrail, I thought it might be varied weather but wasn’t expecting snow- lol
We are keeping an open mind but I’ve been told travelling with our dog may make accommodation more difficulet, fingers crossed for nice weather

@Borodianne wrote:

Has anyone experienced Scotland in a tent in October and did you find facilities were easily available or is it best to book in advance?

The weather in October can be varied- anything from sunshine to snow. I would go with the intention to enjoy camping but with the flexibility to change my mind and go into accommodation if the weather deteriorates. I’d use recognised campsites along the route. If I’m looking for accommodation on the NC500, I’d be thinking of somewhere slightly off the route, a few miles detour through a village to find availability.

Last Edited by Albatrail at 08 Jul 07:42
Scotland

Hi, we are planning the NC500 in October, the plan is to do it in 7 nights and we have booked accommodation for night 3 and 4.
Has anyone experienced Scotland in a tent in October and did you find facilities were easily available or is it best to book in advance?
Thanks

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message