Welcome to our forums.

What are your favourite seats on a flight?

Funnily enough, here we have been talking about aircraft seating preferences and then yesterday there was a report in the Daily Mail regarding Thomas Cook introducing ‘Lie Flat’ seating in economy class…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-6803317/Thomas-Cook-launches-lie-flat-seats-ECONOMY.html

For those whose budgets may not extend to travelling Business Class Singapore Airlines now also operate a ‘Premium Economy’ Section on their long haul flights…

In due course I will be happy to update on this seating arrangement.

Fossil wrote:

And I believe I am still waiting for a response to this one also @Solent_Richard

That space between the left hand side of the window seat and the aircraft bulkhead.

As there usually is a formed curve, which becomes even more pronounced on the A380, this will accommodate all sorts of items.

I usually stuff my blanket and pillow in first and then maybe my camera, laptop or even a book on top.

Damn. Giving all my secrets away.

Last Edited by Solent_Richard at 12 Mar 08:24

Solent_Richard wrote:
but also offers more space for storage.
Fossil wrote:
How does it offer more space for storage?
And I believe I am still waiting for a response to this one also @Solent_Richard

London

WASATCH wrote:

consult seat guru.com.

For a long trip, splurge on business class.

The farther you are in front of the wing the quieter it will be.

For an overnight flight in coach: buy a 3 seat section. Raise the arm rest to convert the seats into a bed. For two people, one sleeps on the seats, the other on the floor in front of the seats.

Good morning WASWATCH

I’m in total awe…

For a long trip, splurge on business class

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Happy to save $120.00 on an excursion …

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/forums/travel-services/7299-thoughts-on-tours-youve-taken

Then splurge savings on Business Class.

Mind, one can always fly Air New Zealand with their economy class Sky Couch…

Have a nice day.

PS You still haven’t answered @Fossil question at..

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/forums/travel-type/7143-cruise-holiday-vs-hotel-stay-holiday#post_87158

Some good tips there @WASATCH but not sure I fancy sleeping on a floor that has who knows what on it or trodden into it!!

London

consult seat guru.com.

For a long trip, splurge on business class.

The farther you are in front of the wing the quieter it will be.

For an overnight flight in coach: buy a 3 seat section. Raise the arm rest to convert the seats into a bed. For two people, one sleeps on the seats, the other on the floor in front of the seats.

Just to add to the conversation, I always call the seat near the window, the inside seat although it’s actually the outside of the aeroplane (but in my view, you’re trapped on the inside). And I call the aisle seat the outside seat. My partner disagrees and we just agree it’s a men are from Mars thing. My favourite seat is the one nearest the drinks trolley.

yorkshirecat wrote:

Hi @Solent_Richard – we flew to Phuket with TUI – direct flight from Manchester. We had many happy holidays in Koh Samui 13-16 years ago but my husband would have found the extra flight out to the Island a bridge (or a flight) too far now.

During the TUI booking process I selected and paid for extra leg length seats before I was able to see the availability and was really annoyed to find there were no seats left together. Had I known this, I would have saved several hundred pounds and opted for the economy seating. At no stage of booking was I shown the complete seating plan for the flight, which I found very strange.

I contacted TUI “customer service” as I became fed up with them emailing me to try to sell Premium (not Business) seats for an additional £600 each. This additional cost included VIP lounge (which we no longer get the chance to use as it takes us all our time to get from the car park to the airport, sort out the wheelchair assistance and get boarded); and priority boarding (which we already get because of the wheelchair.) As these seats remained unsold the week before our flight, I suggested they might like to offer us discounted Premium seats but had a flat refusal.

As it happens, I was pleased to find aisle seats actually suited me better.

Good morning @yorkshirecat

Thank you for the prompt response.

I must admit I hadn’t realised TUI did direct flights to Phuket – also one of my favourite Thai destinations.

No one really wants the hassle you had during the booking process and I’m pleased for you that you eventually found something suitable.

As we have discussed on this forum many times, the airlines are now see so many ways to squeeze those extra earnings out of us.

Thanks again for your response.

Richard.

For me is really not important the place… but I always look for the cheapest price I can get!

Kenya
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message