Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Steve – please stay that way!

I’ll do my best Gill

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:18 18-Aug-19

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

how quickly we lose that sense of wonder!

Funnily enough, the villa I stayed at last week had a lemon tree in the garden & I got quite a thrill from picking a lemon from the tree, cutting a slice & putting it in my drink. Then again, I’m a big kid at heart so simple things please me.

Much better way to be than a grumpy old cynic, Steve – please stay that way!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

how quickly we lose that sense of wonder!

Funnily enough, the villa I stayed at last week had a lemon tree in the garden & I got quite a thrill from picking a lemon from the tree, cutting a slice & putting it in my drink. Then again, I’m a big kid at heart so simple things please me.

Essex UK

My first trip to Cyprus was in 1972 – my first time abroad – and I recall being excited about
seeing lemons actually growing on trees (how quickly we lose that sense of wonder!).

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Thanks GBG. That’s exactly the sort of thing we were thinking of.

@Lin We stayed north of Paphos near Latchi. It was much quieter. We hired a car and travelled around the coast and into the mountains. It is certainly worth exploring and a car is much easier than public transport and can get you to the more out of the way beautiful places.

I’ve only been to Northern Cyprus @Lin & it wasn’t a fly drive, but here’s a link to the 2 articles I wrote if its of any help: https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-europe-cyprus/anatolian-sky-northern-cyprus-twin-centre-part-one

Essex UK

Thanks Fossil. There’s some useful stuff there. I’d already checked the weather and that’s why we thought the fly drive option might be more pleasant than a villa based holiday.
I’m still keen to hear from people who’ve done something similar. Their recommendations, tips or suggestions will be very welcome.

Hello @Lin
I think this link will answer your question.
https://www.cyprus-weather.org/cyprus-weather-in-january/

London

I’m looking at a short holiday in Jan or Feb next year, somewhere fairly warm. My first thought was the Canaries but we can’t find a flight to fit in with spouse’s annual leave (not enough days left). We wondered what Cyprus would be like that time of year. It looks a bit cooler than the Canaries but we’ve seen a couple of fly drive holidays with Sunvil which, because they are more city and sightseeing focused, might not need blazing hot weather. Any suggestions, hints and tips from silver travellers please?

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message