Welcome to our forums.

Can I get some traveling tips?

Thanks Gill and Jo, we do our best which we hope is in the interests of all the members.

London

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Yes, they all do a great job!

Thanks Gill

Essex UK

JoCarroll wrote:

I think the current system works well. Sometimes I report a post and then forget about it – it’s your decision what happens next! So brownie points to the moderators!

Yes, they all do a great job!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Thanks Jo.

Essex UK

I think the current system works well. Sometimes I report a post and then forget about it – it’s your decision what happens next! So brownie points to the moderators!

That’s a good point and well explained Alan. Its also worth adding that a number of “offending” posts are removed by the moderators prior to most members ever seeing them.

Essex UK

The moderators review every reported post and where they think appropriate various courses of action are taken. This varies from removing the advertising link to removing the post in totality. Could I kindly suggest that if there are any complaints in the action taken or not taken you contact the moderators with your view point.
We like to keep this a friendly place to come and unlike some sites where posts are removed simply because the moderator doesn’t like them as I know from personal experience we temper our actions in a way that it is hoped beneficial to all members.

London

toptraveller wrote:

Agreed @ESW. I’ve noticed an increase in the number of posts that are poorly disguised adverts. I reported this and similar posts (remember the Canadian storage links) to the mods as advertising but they seem content to let them remain.

They leave some, but I’ve reported posts and they’ve been deleted. Presumably there is some sort of checklist which helps decide which posts stay and which go. But I think most of us see through the twaddle.

ESW wrote:

It is interesting the link is from a website adertising itself as “Canada’s Best Nanny Agency” and I have to question the motives of Eva Williams in posting – as well as the motives of original poster MichaelRivera and his rather strange post which seems purely to advertise the link…

Agreed @ESW. I’ve noticed an increase in the number of posts that are poorly disguised adverts. I reported this and similar posts (remember the Canadian storage links) to the mods as advertising but they seem content to let them remain.

As this Silver Traveller is for people OVER 50, I think it i unlikely any of us will be travelling with grandparents… Some of us may have an elderly parent and I think we are all very aware of the problems this involves.

It is interesting the link is from a website adertising itself as “Canada’s Best Nanny Agency” and I have to question the motives of @EvaWilliams in posting – as well as the motives of original poster @MichaelRivera and his rather strange post which seems purely to advertise the link…

ESW
Scunthorpe
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message