Welcome to our forums.

Thanks Silver Travel!

What a brilliant job by Debbie, a true champion of the Silver Traveler.

I’d also like to support and agree with the comments made by my fellow moderators about naming said company.

Sadly too many companies feel that brushing off complaints is the right way to go but we have many stories on the Forum of tenacity paying off in the end. Now we have another example to add to the list.

Forum Moderator

Essex UK

Its always nice to hear positive results, all power to Debbie’s elbow – well done Debbie……

I have to agree with Fossil on the subject of negative comments regarding other companies, favourable comments nobody objects to, unfortunately negative ones could have serious implications, and naming companies over an open forum should be avoided….

Bedford

It wouldn’t be right to name them on this site and could lead to legal implications.
To keep the record correct it is not Thomas Cook.
Fossil
Forum Moderator

London

Power to your elbow STA!!

Bishop Auckland

ESW wrote:

Are we permitted to know who the ‘well know company’ is?

Not wishing to detract from the seriousness of this problem, my money is on Thomas Cook

It is nice to read a success story and that Silver Travel came to your rescue.

Are we permitted to know who the ‘well know company’ is?

ESW
Lincolnshire

@BrianCharlesworth I know that Debbie will be delighted to read this as everyone likes to receive a thank you for a job well done.
Since I have known Debbie which is a few years now she has always been willing to put herself out to help others, go the extra mile to assist and is indeed a role model to follow.

London

THERE ARE MANY OF US THAT FEEL THAT WE HAVE EARNED OUR WINTER HOLIDAYS ONCE REACHING RETIREMENT. THIS IS ALL TO WELL AND THERE ARE NO END OF COMPANIES WILLING TO TAKE OUR MONEY PRIOR TO DEPARTURE-HOWEVER ITS A DIFFERENT STORY WHEN THINGS GO WRONG.

I HAVE JUST EXPERIENCED A SITUATION WHEN A ‘WELL KNOWN’ COMPANY STONEWALLED EVERY ATTEMPT TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME- EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW THEY WERE IN THE WRONG. AFTER CONSULTING VARIOUS BODIES FOR HELP IT STARTED TO LOOK LIKE THIS PARTICULAR COMPANY TOOK THE VIEW THAT IF THEY CARRIE ON IGNORING EVERYONE- THE IRRITANT (ME) WOULD GO AWAY.

I AM A MEMBER OF ‘SILVER TRAVEL’ BUT NEVER USED IT UNTIL IN DESPERATION I TOLD DEBBIE MARSHALL OF MY PLIGHT. DEBBIE WAS THE FIRST PERSON THAT SEEMED TO RECOGNIZE THE APPALLING TREATMENT I WAS GETTING AND HAD NO HESITATION IN CONTACTING THIS COMPANY HERSELF. DESPITE THE USUAL ‘LACK OF RESPONSE’ DEBBIE’S TENACITY PAID OFF IN THE END AND AFTER MONTHS OF STRESS/HEARTACHE MY REFUND FINALLY CAME THROUGH. ITS SAD THAT PEOPLE IN OUR AGE GROUP THAT HAVE SPENT THEIR LIVES CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY ARE DISMISSED AS IRRITANTS- ALTHOUGH I HAVE TO STRESS THAT THERE COUNTRIES I HAVE LIVED IN DON’T TREAT THEIR ELDER CITIZENS SO SHAMEFULLY. I AM SURE OTHERS HAVE SIMILAR STORIES?

A BIG WELL-DONE TO DEBBIE AND SILVER TRAVEL

BRIAN J CHARLESWORTH
LYTHAM ST ANNES

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message