Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel Advisor Ship Visit - Ramblers/ Fred Olsen’s Braemar

10 Posts

That’s great @DavidT I hope you both have a great cruise. Look forward to hearing about how you get on.

Essex UK

Hi @DavidT I have sailed on Braemar several times and as already said, looking forward to July. I always ask for the Grampian Restaurant on deck 8 due to its size and location. Windows on 3 sides and an easy stroll from the Observatory following pre dinner drinks. Have a great cruise.

London

We certainly did enjoy our visit to the Braemar, so much so that we’ve booked a cruise on it for next February!

We’ve decided to go to the Eastern Caribbean islands, which has been top of our wishlist for a long time. This isn’t a cruise/walk holiday this time, but we’re saving one of those for a future occasion.

We were so impressed with what we saw of the Braemar during the day visit that we didn’t take long to decide we wanted to go on an actual cruise on it. It does indeed show that, from the point of view of the organisers, such visits are well worthwhile!

@Fossil wrote:

Looking forward to our July cruise on Braemar,

I’ve mopped all the floors & polished all the brass so its ready for you Alan.

Essex UK

Looking forward to our July cruise on Braemar, my favourite Fred ship.

London

coolonespa wrote:

oolonespa
13:30 07-May-19

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I think the flask loan is an excellent idea

A lot of the group said they were very impressed with Fred Olsen for having these & glass carafes of water in the cabins to dramatically cut the amount of single use plastic on & off the ship.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

looking at the huge ‘lump’ in the middle of the joined beds, I would presume they are not encouraging ‘nighttime activities’!!!

It looks like its been caused by 2 single quilts being overlapped, so it would disappear when you got into bed……or its a special “you stay on your side” accessory

In which case, an excellent idea, and would endorse that amended aphorism of ‘one good turn gets most
of the duvet’!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I think the flask loan is an excellent idea

A lot of the group said they were very impressed with Fred Olsen for having these & glass carafes of water in the cabins to dramatically cut the amount of single use plastic on & off the ship.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

looking at the huge ‘lump’ in the middle of the joined beds,
I would presume they are not encouraging ‘nighttime activities’!!!

It looks like its been caused by 2 single quilts being overlapped, so it would disappear when you got into bed……or its a special “you stay on your side” accessory

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
12:17 07-May-19

Yesterday’s ship vist seemed to go very well, with lots of positive feedback. Here’s a few photos of our happy members & the ship

I think the flask loan is an excellent idea. However, looking at the huge ‘lump’ in the middle of the joined beds,
I would presume they are not encouraging ‘nighttime activities’!!!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Yesterday’s ship vist seemed to go very well, with lots of positive feedback. Here’s a few photos of our happy members & the ship

Essex UK
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message