Welcome to our forums.

Easyjet bans nuts on all flights

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

and they won’t notice what is REALLY happening!

So true Gill. Whenever there’s a fuss being made about some MP’s affair or alleged love child its the time to scan the news for something really unpalatable being slipped in alongside by the government of the day.

@JoCarroll wrote:

about us wearing hats

At our school it was the ties Jo

Essex UK

Gill – this reminds me of a teacher admitting (I must have been about 14) that the reason they made such a fuss about us wearing hats was to divert us from complaining about something really important. (Like bullying teachers maybe).

Again I have to agree with you, Steve – there are so many problems in the world today, that
concentrating on such trivialities in the overall scheme of things is ludicrous. But isn’t that
just part of ‘their’ strategy? Give the public something to get wound up about and set them
against each other, and they won’t notice what is REALLY happening!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Fossil wrote:

Nike have received complaints as one of their models is showing underarm hair.

What a load on nonsense, these people really need to find something more constructive to do with their time. Go & collect some plastic waste from the streets/countryside/beach or something.

Going back to peanuts….I recall a friend who’s child went through a phase (mercifully short) of only eating peanut butter sandwiches without a major tantrum. Does the child go hungry? Will the other passengers welcome the on board tantrum?

For me, I’m happy to give up the peanuts if it makes someone else’s journey more comfortable. I refuse them the majority of times anyway but am a little concerned about where this all stops.

Essex UK

Unfortunately there is always a pressure group complaining about something and then creating if they don’t get their own way. I see today that Nike have received complaints as one of their models is showing underarm hair. What’s wrong with that, its as natural as hair on the head!!

https://www.bing.com/news/topicview?q=Nike+Ad+Hair&filters=tnTID%3d%22FD868537-A9C5-4f2f-BB21-4CFC082DCD5A%22+Segment%3d%22popularnow.carousel%22&nvaug=%5bNewsVertical+topicviewtype%3d%222%22%5d&qpvt=Nike+ad+hair&FORM=EWRE

London

Totaly agree, @coolonespa – in almost every field now it is a case of the tail wagging the dog!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

The BBC report that “Easyjet has banned the sale of nuts on flights to help protect passengers with allergies.” Read more at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48041464

So this is an interesting article/development. A friend I was having lunch with heard this on the news & said he had mixed feelings about this. Why should all passengers be denied a nut based snack/food because of one persons allergy? At a time when people seem less & less able to take responsibility for their own destiny/actions/care isn’t it the persons responsibility to safeguard themselves? So if you have an allergy don’t accept offered nuts & if you’re likely to be impacted by being close to someone eating nuts, wear a mask or some other preventative measure.

So I would be interested to hear your views on the topic?

Essex UK
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message