Welcome to our forums.

Is social media the way to go

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:50 04-Jun-19

Grey-Wolf wrote:

70% of the UK public wants more regulation of social media sites

Be more interesting to understand what regulation & why. Easy for people to answer little soundbite questions like this but its the tougher questions that need answering.

Quite right, Steve, @coolonespa

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Grey-Wolf wrote:

70% of the UK public wants more regulation of social media sites

Be more interesting to understand what regulation & why. Easy for people to answer little soundbite questions like this but its the tougher questions that need answering.

Essex UK

Some relevant interesting facts here :

70% of the UK public wants more regulation of social media sites, up from 52% last year, according to Ofcom.

50 days a year are spent online by the average internet user.

61% of all British online ad revenue goes to Facebook and Google, which account for a third of all British internet traffic.

Last Edited by Grey-Wolf at 03 Jun 22:55
Wakefield, West Yorks.

I know that for some younger travellers we’ve come across, having an online presence and social media account add credibility to the business.

Stan,
Bulgaria sounds like a place that has changed over the years and as Fossil1 says I too am sure that readers would like to hear what it was like when you visited so long ago.

A Cruise Ship Somewhere

Stan I still think with a bit of memory recall you could do an article. You even have a photo!!!

London

Hi David/Fossil…just about the only thing that I do remember(it was the mid 70s),is that the beaches at Sunny beach/Golden Sands were segregated, with the tourists being separated from the Russian holidaymakers,the archetecture was abysmal, the wine was quite good which contributed to the enjoyment of the holiday ! I have a photo somewhere of me in the Black Sea,but remembering the fashion for gents speedos at that time,it would not enhance the high reputation of this forum for taste.
The other thing that I remember,is waiting in vain for someone to surrepticiously approach me and offer me a small country cottage/apartment in exchange for the 6 pairs of Levi jeans that I took with me to trade on the Black Sea Black Market!

Stan I would love to see a review by you of what Bulgaria was like in those days. It could go on the forum and make great reading. How about it?

If his memory is anything like me he wont remember a thing about it….come on Stan lets see how much you can recall.. and now you can post pictures maybe you could find a couple of those as well..

David

Bedford

Stan I would love to see a review by you of what Bulgaria was like in those days. It could go on the forum and make great reading. How about it?

London

Hi Alan,I take your point,but I really meant that many aspects of a holiday can get missed/blurred by the simple excitement of it being eg. first time abroad. My first time abroad was in your beloved Bulgaria,under communist rule(with all the limitations that involved),but I thought it was fabolous! Regards Stan.

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message