Welcome to our forums.

Ethical choice

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

increased incidences of cases here is due to people
from hard hit areas coming to their second homes.

Good example Gill of why it takes a bit of thought. So here, Essex & Kent have relatively low transmission rates, so a trip for a break between the two could be considered low risk if one were sensible. On the other hand a city break in Manchester, would present a much higher risk.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:05 02-Aug-20

Its a difficult answer that one @sables because it depends so much on how people conduct themselves. People who have followed the rules, observe social distancing, wear masks in shops etc. and will continue to do this in a UK holiday destination that they can reach without using public transport, go self catering, probably don’t pose any more risk away than they do at home. There’s also the risk that people flocking to popular holiday spots will increase the risk of overcrowding and an increased risk of transmission. So it can probably be done with minimal risk to the traveller & others but requires a bit of thought.

Fossil wrote:

the authorities are not strict enough at making people abide by the rules

Totally agree

From photos I’ve seen (not ventured out myself at the moment apart from essential shopping) our beaches are
marked out in squares, and Policia Local and Guardia Civil patrol them, to ensure distancing. Of course I can’t
say for sure, but we are given to understand that the small increased incidences of cases here is due to people
from hard hit areas coming to their second homes.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Its a difficult answer that one @sables because it depends so much on how people conduct themselves. People who have followed the rules, observe social distancing, wear masks in shops etc. and will continue to do this in a UK holiday destination that they can reach without using public transport, go self catering, probably don’t pose any more risk away than they do at home. There’s also the risk that people flocking to popular holiday spots will increase the risk of overcrowding and an increased risk of transmission. So it can probably be done with minimal risk to the traveller & others but requires a bit of thought.

Fossil wrote:

the authorities are not strict enough at making people abide by the rules

Totally agree

Essex UK

Totally agree with you @sables. People are starting to travel around the country and the number of cases are on the rise. My personal opinion is we lifted the lockdown too early and secondly the authorities are not strict enough at making people abide by the rules, especially the young.

London
I was wondering do people think it is right in this uncertain times if it is right to go on holiday at risk spreading the virus to new areas. Should not we just stay local? What are people’s thoughts on the subject?
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message