Welcome to our forums.

Medjugorje

4 Posts

@HMJ we saw people going up bare foot saying the rosary. It is all large rocks and steep so not an easy climb.

Exeter. UK.

We’ve just returned from a trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina and, although Medjugorge wasn’t on our itinerary, our guide offered to include it and we jumped at the chance. However, like you, @GypsyWanderer, I too was very disappointed. As you say, there are lots of religious souvenirs with the Virgin Mary printed on a wide range of goods. I didn’t find the church at all spiritual and found other sites we visited far more interesting. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time to climb Apparition Hill, but we were told people crawl up on their knees.

We drove from Croatia for a day trip expecting to find a spiritual village, peaceful, quiet, soulful. Instead we found a town full of tourist tac. We did climb up to the apparition site which was peaceful and calm with just one white statue of Our Lady.
I am just sad that places like this are destroyed and was very disappointed. I was not b going to Lourdes or
Fatima. There are other far more spiritual place in the world.

Exeter. UK.
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message