Welcome to our forums.

A few days in Northumberland (but not enough)

PamWNorth wrote:

PamWNorth
15:25 05-May-19

Thank you @ESW and @Coolonespa, I am pleased you enjoyed the photos. Here are a few more of The Alnwick Garden, taken a week ago.

Really beautiful, @PamWNorth

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Thank you @ESW, as for the trees, few are in leaf here yet, especially in the windy exposed areas.

North Northumberland

Thank you @PamWNorth I’m surprised many of the trees are still to come into leaf. The tulips are wonderful – so much colour. The more I see of the gardens the more impressed I am by them.

ESW
Lincolnshire

Thank you @ESW and @Coolonespa, I am pleased you enjoyed the photos. Here are a few more of The Alnwick Garden, taken a week ago.

North Northumberland

That looks amazing @PamWNorth thanks for sharing you photos

Essex UK

Thank you for those pictures @PamWNorth
Isn’t it wonderful and especially with all the bulbs too. I will have to try and fix a visit for when the blossom is out.

ESW
Lincolnshire

ESW wrote:

I know @PamWnorth is a fan of the gardens too and hopefully she will have some pictures of the cherry blossom which is out at the moment….

Yes ESW. I visited the Alnwick Garden a week ago and it was so colourful with all the Spring flowers. However, the Cherry Orchard was the most amazing. There are 329 trees in it, and it represents the largest collection of Tai Haku outside of Japan. The blossom was falling fast and I think if I had waited a week it would have been gone. Some photos for you all.. .

Last Edited by PamWNorth at 04 May 19:20
North Northumberland

ESW wrote:

ESW
17:44 27-Apr-19

Northumberland is a much under rated destination with visitors rushing through to reach Scotland. This is a great shame as it has so much to offer. Have a read “here”: to find out more….

Wonderful review, Eleanor @ESW – certainly whetted my appetite!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Northumberland is a much under rated destination with visitors rushing through to reach Scotland. This is a great shame as it has so much to offer. Have a read “here”: to find out more….

ESW
Lincolnshire

My sincere thanks to @GBG and @ESW for opening my eyes to what the North East has to offer. As I wrote in a recent article “We travel thousands of miles every year to find beauty without realising what we have on our own doorstep”, you have both proved my point.

London
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message