Welcome to our forums.

Oman

@Fossil wrote:

Last there with Coolonespa (Steve) on Vision of the Seas

Lots of fond memories of that trip & here is Vision in Oman:

There’s lots of great photos on this thread, I enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

The Corniche at Muscat was a lovely place to stroll. Plenty of ships, boats & other things of interest. Or just watch a local feeding the seagulls and standing in a snowstorm of birds:

More details via the link if anyone wants to read more: https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-middle-east-oman/48-hours-in-oman

Essex UK

Last there with Coolonespa (Steve) on Vision of the Seas

Al Said the principal royal yacht of the Sultan of Oman

Fulk al Salamah the second royal yacht of the Sultan

The Omani Parliament Building

Al Alam the Sultans Palace

The giant incense burner in Al-Riyam Park

Their roundabout sculptures are certainly different

London

oman is the best country for travel i visit oman last year with my husband the people of this country is very loyal and friendly we enjoy a lot thanks for sharing your journey

USA

Sana wrote:

The name is ‘Salalah’. It’s a kind of area surrounded with mountains with beautiful landscapes plus waterfalls and the weather is completely different there. I believe that it’s a must visit place in Oman

Good morning @Sana

I too have visited Salalah and a most interesting place it is too with a number of significant places to visit…

For me though the most significant place were the ‘Frankincense Museum’ and Archeological Park…

…and the Tomb of Nabi Umram…

Reportedly the longest grave in the World…

Last Edited by Solent_Richard at 15 Mar 08:39

Sana wrote:

Mostly people used to visit Muscat in Oman, but I found myself lucky that my travel company shows me another beautiful side of Oman which is quite far from Muscat and it’s quite a historical place…. The name is ‘Salalah’. It’s a kind of area surrounded with mountains with beautiful landscapes plus waterfalls and the weather is completely different there. I believe that it’s a must visit place in Oman.

Good morning @Sana

You are quite correct when you mention Muscat being the place where most people visit.

That is probably because it is a popular port for cruise ship visits. I have been there myself while onboard Oceania’s cruise ship ’Nautica’’…

There is so much to see and do in Muscat: not just a visit to a waterfront souk.

While I would guess the main attraction for some will always be the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque…

…but we also ventured into the old port area beyond ‘Muscat Gate’…

and discovered the more historical area with the old Portuguese fortifications…

…as well as the Al Alam Palace…

I had a great time in Oman last year, where I enjoyed the beaches mostly. I haven’t forgot spending my time in one of the beach name ‘Qantab’, even I had to ask my travel agent to arrange another trip for me there during my stay, which they did specially.
Mostly people used to visit Muscat in Oman, but I found myself lucky that my travel company shows me another beautiful side of Oman which is quite far from Muscat and it’s quite a historical place. The name is ‘Salalah’. It’s a kind of area surrounded with mountains with beautiful landscapes plus waterfalls and the weather is completely different there. I believe that it’s a must visit place in Oman.

I agree @ANDREW Oman is a great place for a winter break. I was there 2 Januaries ago and loved it.

London

Just back from a very enjoyable 10 days in the sun , blue skies and 25c. Oman is worth considering for a winter sun holiday, we found there was much on offer in this very friendly safe country, very clean, no litter, very modern motorways and voted the best new airport in 2018.
Our hotel provided a tour company desk " Muscat Nature Tours" so we were able to book day tours on places we wished to visit plus help from the agent.
Muscat is growing into a large city, all buildings are white and no building is allowed to be taller than 9 stories.
There are many tours in this mountainous country and because of building many new roads you can visit many places in a day from Muscat.
We flew with Oman airways and were very impressed with there service.
Well worth a visit

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message