Welcome to our forums.

Music for a USA Roadtrip

Thanks Gill, that’s very kind of you.

Just wanted to pick out a couple of the songs suggested above:

@Riversiderouge wrote:

Road to Hell – Chris rea

This one seemed very appropriate for the valley floor road through the salt flats in Death Valley. It was 43.3C as we took it.

There was also a road we saw from the are that seemed to cut through the desert outside Las Vegas, seemingly going nowhere in the scorching arid heat.

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Hotel California – The Eagles

Couldn’t do the trip without the Eagles. Had their album in the 8 track machine on my first trip 40 years ago.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
09:29 14-Sep-19

Here is the final part of my USA road trip article which specifically mentions the playlists & an unusual encounter with F16s

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-north-america-united-states/california-road-trip-with-avis-part-3

Thanks for all your suggestions.

p.s. here’s the new windscreen cover I treated myself to

Can’t believe I missed the first two parts, Steve – but it was all so interesting and informative and I thoroughly enjoyed them all.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Here is the final part of my USA road trip article which specifically mentions the playlists & an unusual encounter with F16s

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-north-america-united-states/california-road-trip-with-avis-part-3

Thanks for all your suggestions.

p.s. here’s the new windscreen cover I treated myself to

Essex UK

@Grey-Wolf wrote:

your driving and roadside diner activities Steve

Ah that was a trip down memory lane GW. I think we’ll be trying to draw a little less attention from law enforcement whilst we’re there

Essex UK

Here’s some ideas for your driving and roadside diner activities Steve, watch this:

Last Edited by Grey-Wolf at 27 Mar 11:56
Wakefield, West Yorks.

@HSunny12 wrote:

Kongos and The Revivalists tracks

Not heard that before, thanks for the suggestion.

Essex UK

Nothing sounds as good on the road for me as Kongos and The Revivalists tracks. We sing this “song”:

with the whole family.

@WASATCH wrote:

Country-Western

I quite love a bit of country but my co-driver will be grinding her teeth, so I’ll have to compromise to the odd smattering.

@Grey-Wolf wrote:

But don’t take your eyes off the wheel if you get engrossed !

Good song suggestions too

@Emna wrote:

Californication Red Hot Chili Peppers

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with that song. Sometimes it comes on & I enjoy it, other times I want to skip to the next track….strange. Thanks for the suggestion.

Essex UK

people have many choices some of like folk some of like pop but the last time when we visit San Francisco we enjoy a lot our trip with this song Californication Red Hot Chili Peppers you must listen this song hope you enjoy this.

USA

24 Hours from Tulsa ~ Gene Pitney
Freelove Freeway ~ David Brent (Ricky Gervaise) & Foregone Conclusion band.
Cars ~ Gary Numan
Autobahn ~-Kraftwerk

Wakefield, West Yorks.
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message