Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel Book Club - Book of the Month - March 2018

My dream cruise would be to go and see polar bears, whether that be Canada or Norway or wherever…I would love to see them in the wild. The screen saver on my computer is a photo by one of the finalists for Wildlife Photo of the Year – It is called Warm Embrace by Debra Garwood. Every time I look at it, I just sigh because I don’t see it ever happening but that would be my idea of a dream cruise. I would love to see the other wildlife and gorgeous scenery too but polar bears would be my main draw. Plus some time to sit and read too! The book for this month is just my type of read. Sounds great!

Been on one cruise and didn’t like it!! So cannot comment on that.
I will say that the Facebook picture of Amsterdam is gorgeous and now I really want to go there.
The book sounds great.

Southsea

This month the Silver Travel Book Club is reading Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy, to tie in with launching this year’s prestigious Silver Travel Awards, for which the prize for voting will be a Saga cruise to festive Hamburg with Silver Travel partner Saga cruises.

When Liv and Nora decide to take their husbands and children on a holiday cruise, everyone is thrilled. The ship’s comforts and possibilities seem infinite. But when they all go ashore in beautiful Central America, a series of minor mishaps lead the families further from the ship’s safety.

One minute the children are there, and the next they’re gone.

What follows is a heart-racing story told from the perspectives of both adults and children, with many surprises along the way and – ultimately – some challenging moral dilemmas to be faced by both generations.

The main conclusion the reader can draw from Do Not Become Alarmed? Stay on board the ship, enjoying all the luxury and activities it offers. It may be safer!

We’d love to hear what exotic destinations you would like to visit on a cruise, or perhaps what your most enjoyable cruise has been already? Leave a comment on this Forum thread – or on Silver Travel’s Facebook page – and the best two entries from Silver Travellers will win a copy of Do Not Become Alarmed.

Happy reading and safe cruising!

Andrew

33 Posts
Sign in to add your message