Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel Book Club - Book of the Month - January 2018

This competition has now ended and February 2018 is up and running.

London

Thanks @DRSask for your lovely French road trip anecdotes. There is nothing better than picking up a simple picnic at a market or the local shops and eating it in a village square, or by a river or in a quiet piece of rural France, is there?

And how entertaining to tour with your aunt and non-linguist uncle. The Englishman who couldn’t speak French sounds like it could be the title of Ben Hatch’s next book!

@gnomebulb – thanks so much for taking the time to comment on this thread, and great that you’ve enjoyed so many holidays over the years with Silver Travel partner Eurocamp.

Which one was the best for the whole family, do you think?

I’ve just downloaded an audiobook
Naomi Novak – Uprooted.
Its not a cant put down but so far its gripping.
Set in Europe, it tells the story of a young girl that is taken from her family by an ageless wizard…
Dark magic looms in the forest …
I’ll keep you posted :)
Karen

Astley, Manchester

I just read ‘The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’, and I thoroughly recommend it!

@AndrewMorris
Our favourite Eurocamp sites, in the 70s and 80s, were : Pont Aven, Lauterbrunnen and the Camargue….all very different but all excellent.

Gullane

Went to Rouen last year with friends and was very impressed with the quaint buildings and the fabulous restaurants. Would love to take the grandchildren and think this book will be just the ticket to get us in the right frame of mind.

This sounds a fun read .

I hadn’t come across Ben Hatch’s books before, but I’m going to get both after reading this thread.

We are hoping to explore Franch this year and loving these tips and ideas. Thanks!

@JaneMcG It’s the Road to Rouen by Ben Hatch – more details here https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/miscellaneous/silver-travel-book-club

London
44 Posts
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message