Welcome to our forums.

New York

Thank you so much for your reply this looks amazing and its something i would do but mu hubby isn’t keen on sailing but its funny everyone i have spoke too recently as said Norwegian Air they have a very good reputation,i shall let you know how i get on Thank you once again Hazel

@hazy1221 We flew with Norwegian Air back in April to Fort Lauderdale. We were allowed 2 pieces of luggage per person up to 20kgs each + one piece of hand luggage. They have a fleet of new 787 Dreamliners for their long haul flights. They are a no frills airline so you have to pay for your food onboard and bring your own headphones if you want to watch the few films that are available. Their prices are very competitive and we had no complaints with our flight. We just used them again last month to Norway. The plane left a little later than scheduled but we still got to Bergen half an hour early!

Last Edited by applegroupie at 14 Dec 16:00

hazy1221 wrote:

i have been on line

So I assume you’ve used a tool like sky scanner or the like to compare prices.

Solent_Richard wrote:

investigate Norwegian Air.

Airline wise I’d agreed with SR I’ve only flown with Norwegian short haul but found them really good and my brother in law has used them from the US a couple of times & its now his go to airline for flights to the states.

What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary.

Essex UK

hazy1221 wrote:

Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows the best deals for flights to New York , i have been on line but there is so many i was just looking for recommendations, Me and my hubby Nick are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary next June and have been invited to stay with my Nephew and his family in New York, which i am so excited for as i it has been on my bucket list for a long time, any help or tips would be great, Thank you in advance x

Well if you really ask me the best deal I have had recently was this time last year when I booked a trans Atlantic crossing on Queen Mary 2…

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/01/02/queen-mary-2-remastered-trans-atlantic/

…and flew home with Norwegian Air. Norwegian Air suited us on two counts. They fly late evening giving extra time in The Big Apple and they operate out of Gatwick which is closer to the Solent.

Otherwise, why not just investigate Norwegian Air.

Now of course you don’t have to sail in one of the top suites, there is always ‘budget’ accommodation on board and the trans Atlantic experience on QM2 is amazing.

You also have the added benefit of an almost unlimited allowance to bring gifts for your nephew and family.

Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows the best deals for flights to New York , i have been on line but there is so many i was just looking for recommendations, Me and my hubby Nick are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary next June and have been invited to stay with my Nephew and his family in New York, which i am so excited for as i it has been on my bucket list for a long time, any help or tips would be great, Thank you in advance x

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message