Welcome to our forums.

River Cruise?

Exactly @Fossil & when they’ve switched the order or position of the boat in order to re-supply whilst you’re away on an excursion it can be a bit disorientating finding your boat again.

Essex UK

The problem with all these new river boats is basically there will be so many of them it will be like the Nile, every town/village/mooring will have so many tied up at night that you will have to walk across 3 or 4 to get to the shore. No good for those less mobile or needing wheelchairs.

London

I was reading that Tui are going to enter the river cruise market next year: https://www.tui.co.uk/press/tui-river-cruises-setting-sail/?amp

Essex UK

Enjoyed that, Alan, @Fossil – so tranquil!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

This is a video I put together showing a mornings cruise along the River Somme

https://www.facebook.com/oldworldtraveller/videos/415175039285107/?fref=ts

London

no not really as It will not be till 2019

@aussiegecko wrote:

Thanks for you replies

Hope you found the replies helpful. Have you got a particular cruise in mind in Europe?

Essex UK

Thanks for you replies, we did have some characters on our Russian cruise, especially an American lady who must have been in her nineties but was not afraid to speak her mind. On one of our trips to the ballet, during a performance of Swan Lake, she was sat behind us grumbling away that she could not see properly and then went on to move to a few rows behind her to a vacant seat causing a kerfuffle where people had to stand up to let her by, she would not wait for the interval and was oblivious to the fact she was disrupting the performance! Having said that we had a wonderful time and met some fantastic people, I was just curious about the age group as that is the only river cruise I have done.

Coolonespa wrote…

“To a certain extent the average age is meaningless & its probably more about passengers abilities and attitude. On one cruise there was a 90 year old who was showing many of the 50s a clean pair of heels when we were out on excursions & wanderings. He was also the most wonderful storyteller & entertained us over a drink on many evenings.”

Couldn’t agree more Steve.

As a young septuagenarian I’m often referred to as ‘the mountain goat’ as I disappear from the group to get that all important photograph.

And on this cruise just completed I maintained my one hundred per cent record of ‘front seat’ occupation on the excursion coaches we used.

OMG, now that could be controversial.

Last Edited by Solent_Richard at 02 Nov 08:59

@Solent-Richard_1 wrote:

personally be very cautious on forecasting average ages.

To a certain extent the average age is meaningless & its probably more about passengers abilities and attitude. On one cruise there was a 90 year old who was showing many of the 50s a clean pair of heels when we were out on excursions & wanderings. He was also the most wonderful storyteller & entertained us over a drink on many evenings.

Essex UK
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message