Welcome to our forums.

Croatia

You are welcome @coolonespa.

Exeter. UK.

Sounds like you had a great time @GypsyWanderer thanks for sharing it with us.

Essex UK

@Fossil. Thank you.

Exeter. UK.

Great review @GypsyWanderer. Last time I was in Zagreb it was torrential rain.

London

Tried to post photos but a problem
. Sorry.

Exeter. UK.

A few photos.

Exeter. UK.

Am just back from a wonderful two weeks in Croatia, the last week in May and first in June. Unfortunately the weather was not what it should have been but I and my three cousins did not let that stop us enjoying and exploring.

We started off with a night in Zagreb having picked up our hire car from Green Motion, a Ford Kia, large enough for four ladies and our luggage. All well as the sat nav took us to our accommodation. Getting out of Zagreb the next morning was a different story with road works and confusing directions but an hour later we were on our way to Fazana on the Istrain coast. The roads are great and I could not get over the lack of traffic. Sometimes we were the only car on the motorway. A surreal feeling. Very easy driving and good signing.

Fazana is a small seaside town with the old centre by the sea. Just lovely. From there we explored the towns of Porec, Rovinj, Bale Valle (love that name), and Pula. All beautiful places with medieval centres near the coast. We also took a boat trip over to Brijuni National Park, wonderful.

Then it was the long drive south to Vodice, again on near empty roads. Vodice is larger than Fazana and a popular tourist spot with a lovely harbour and sea front. From here we explored Sibenik and Zadar. The latter was a little disappointing after the other towns we had visited.

Then the boat trips, the first around the Kornati National Park. We traveled with Desto. I’m thinking it may have been more fun to find a sail boat who would have taken us out for the same price or a little more.

The trip to Krka was wonderful, again with Desto. We traveled up the Krka river to the park entrance and had four hours to enjoy the waterfalls, wildlife and views. Bliss.

I was the only driver and we set off for the return to Zagreb. I was concerned about finding our accommodation after the experience of driving out of the city, and wanted to arrive in good time. Instead my cousins persuaded me to take a detour, Plitvicka National Park, just a little off our route. 90 mins later we arrived and I was stressed but am now so pleased we went as are my cousins who can’t get enough of water falls, being from Malta.

We arrived late at our accommodation but with no problems and were happy to climb into bed, our last night.

Croatia is not an expensive country and we eat well in restaurants, lots of fresh sea food. We also self catered and found shopping cheap.
The people are lovely and one day, admiring a garden, we were invited in, coffee, biscuits, and nuts were followed by home made cherry liquor and an introduction to the family.

One rainy day we returned to the car park to find an umbrella covering the driver side window. I had left it open and the car park attendant had noticed and placed his brolly there. So kind, so thoughtful.

Thank you Croatia, a wonderful holiday.

Exeter. UK.

Very interesting, enjoyable and evocative review, @Fossil – enhanced by lovely photos.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Beautiful place for lunch.

London

Lovely review Alan. Its certainly a great place to visit & it worth taking the ride to the top just for the cooling breeze, let alone the spectacular views that help you get the layout of the city:

Essex UK
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one