Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel Book Club

I’ll do my best @coolonespa….

Lots of photos too please @AndrewMorris

Essex UK

Hello Silver Travel Book Clubbers

I’m off to Sardinia in June, to follow in the footsteps of Rosanna Ley’s character Faye from The Little Theatre by the Sea, the first Silver Travel Book club of the month.

Thanks to Silver Travel partner Sardatur Holidays, I’ll be staying on the west coast of this beautiful island and close to unspoiled Bosa, the town that was the inspiration for Rosanna’s fictional village of Deriu. It’s here where Faye helps with the restoration of the village’s old theatre, and uncovers secrets from the past that nobody could have foreseen.

I will try to bring some of Faye’s story to life for you, meeting the people from the pastel-coloured village on the river Temo, immersing myself in the area’s history culture, food and wine, just as Faye did.

Join me on this literary journey….the essence of TripFiction.

Andrew

AndrewMorris wrote:

NT and Literature Works is offering a 2 months Writer-in-Residence opportunity for someone to stay at Agatha Christie’s Greenway holiday home, where you so enjoyed a short break

This is better than Virginia Woolf’s A Room of Ones’s Own! You get to stay in a house, not just a room.

Alas I am not a freelance, professional writer so won’t be able to apply but thanks for putting the link on the Forum.

Last Edited by applegroupie at 24 May 21:18

@pink – how kind of you to flag this up! It’s looks wonderful (my preference is for the Hardy rather than Christie) – it’s certainly something I’d love to do. The move hangs over my very breathing at the moment, and I don’t feel able to commit myself to anything till I’ve actually got an offer on my house, but I’ve bookmarked the site. You never know, everything might fall into place and I can go for this.

Many, many thanks.

having looked at the site, i’m struggling with several layers of “oh, if only!” i could so enjoy spending three months following in agatha’s footsteps (literally) and free to do nothing but scribble all day long.
but they need writers who are “freelance professional and published”.
could this be for you @jocarroll ? there’s one for hardy, too, if christie doesn’t float your boat. that one’s at his cottage in dorchester, so fairly much your home ground, and could be the break you need after all your house-moving.

London

ooh ~ can i change my cv at this late stage? two months at greenways would be worth just about any price!

London

@pink – hello again. Any writers in your family….or just readers and actors? By coincidence, a partnership between the NT and Literature Works is offering a 2 months Writer-in-Residence opportunity for someone to stay at Agatha Christie’s Greenway holiday home, where you so enjoyed a short break – http://literatureworks.org.uk/opportunities/writing-places-writers-in-residence

How much fun would that be, and another great example of literature and location being perfect bedfellows.

@pink – thanks for the great post about your Agatha Christie inspired Torquay holiday and activities. Whodunnit?

We stayed in a lovely B&B in Nether Stowey in Somerset recently, in the very room where Samuel Coleridge worked, read, wrote and entertained the Wordsworths, the Wedgwoods and other influential figures of the day. I wasn’t inspired to write any poetry, but I felt immersed in Coleridge’s life for just a short while, in the same way that your family inhabited Ms Christie’s mysterious characters.

Literature, eh? Powerful enough on its own, but somehow even more evocative when place becomes another character.

Andrew

Lovely pics @pink

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message