Welcome to our forums.

Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos

I was pleasantly surprised Gill. The show is full of the quirkier side of Asian life as a platform for the amusing interaction between father & son. So I was cringing as the guide explained the atrocities to them, dreading the inappropriate punch line. To their credit they adopted somber faces & kept their mouths shut.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
17:23 07-Oct-17

Did a good job of tiptoeing along a fine line between comedy & being disrespectful. Had the good grace to drop the comedy totally when they visited one of the killing fields (a cave actually).

That’s good to hear, @coolonespa – so many comedians cross the line for a cheap laugh.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Did a good job of tiptoeing along a fine line between comedy & being disrespectful. Had the good grace to drop the comedy totally when they visited one of the killing fields (a cave actually).

Essex UK

Shame – I don’t have a Netflix. But I’m sure Jack Whitehall did it justice!

Strangely enough I was watching Jack Whitehall: Travels with My Father last night and they went on the Bamboo train, so I got to see it. This show is more comedy than travelogue but it is very funny & its bringing back happy memories too. I think its only available on Netflix though.

Essex UK

I did, Steve – a fence panel on its side, perched on axles and driven by a lawn mower engine – and the tracks dead straight, Well, once they were straight, but decades of sunlight and erosion (so some bridges are nothing but warped track over a canal). You just sit on the panel – about one foot off the ground, and hurtle along. A health and safely nightmare but such fun!

No sadly not Jo, was that something you did @JoCarroll ?

Essex UK

Did you get to Battambang to go on the Bamboo Train, Steve?

Our Ox cart ride was one of those experiences that you’ve done but won’t try again. Wooden wheels on rutted tracks are not fun for the bottom. Our guide was a comedian, he bought us a sugar cane juice and some fresh fruit to eat/drink on the journey. Realistically it was just to see how much we’d get over us

Pretty scrawny livestock all over rural Cambodia

Essex UK

You can image can’t you @JoCarroll Its 30C and we were hot, then unexpectedly something cold and slimy slaps against my leg. I’m sure it gave the ladies looking after the wet fish a good laugh. Fortunately its wasn’t a Pirhanna so no lasting damage

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message