Welcome to our forums.

Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos

Jennifer3107 wrote:

I only want to dive into many beautiful beaches here

Lovely pictures & I can see why you’d want to spend time on the beach but there is so much more to do in Vietnam than stay on the beach. Where did your trip take you?

Essex UK

When I come to Vietnam, I only want to dive into many beautiful beaches here. White sand, blue water, bathing in warm sunlight or other interesting beach activities like diving, kayaking and fishing on boat. So fabulous and so wonderful!
Oh, I see your itinerary, have you been to some of the following beaches.

Lang Co Beach – Hue Province

Cat Ba Island

Last Edited by Jennifer3107 at 28 Mar 05:56

Hi, All the pictures are very beautiful and looking real. Thanks for sharing.

london,uk

coolonespa wrote:

Also a tour of street food that had deep fried insects slated for starters. Munching on crickets, tarantulas, frogs and silk worms is quite the experience.

You’ll recall that back on post 51 I was munching on insects. In the following article the BBC report on “Edible insects: Do insects actually taste any good?”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-42639877

A street vendor extends a plate of fried termites, in Laos

Essex UK

Many, many thanks Steve – that’s really kind.

Glad its bringing back happy memories Jo. Please feel free to download/save these images if you’d like to have them on your computer/iPad.

Essex UK

You are a star – having taken the same journey, you are reviving some wonderful memories (and some photos – as all mine were stolen!)

Kuang Si Waterfalls is up there as one of the most beautiful places we’d been to & they also have a bear rescue centre there that has saved many Asiatic black bears from bile farming. A couple of the younger ones were having a bit of “rough & tumble” as we watched.

Essex UK

Continuing the Buddha theme. Our ride up the Mekong from Luang Prabang included stops at the Pak Ou caves to see the hundreds of Buddha statues hidden here to keep them safe from the looting Chinese Haw:

Essex UK

Nor mine.

At first glance I thought the flaking paint around the chin line looked like a 5 o’clock shadow. There were signs outside though that said this temple was shortly due to begin restoration work.

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message