Welcome to our forums.

Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos

But who will use it and for what!!

London

Where is the money coming from? China, presumably – I hope the Khmer have the ability to stand up to them and insist it’s built with local workers. (Unlike Malawi, where the government borrowed millions from the Chinese, who came with their own workers to built impressive conference centres and stadia, that have never been used – and Malawi is now stuck with buildings and huge debts.)

According to the Phnom Penh Post the project is still “up in the air” (a journalist with a sense of humour) but here’s what it should look like:

Essex UK

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I’m sure Dubai and KL won’t be pleased about that!

That was my thoughts exactly Gill, certainly the inter Asia competition will be interesting.

Essex UK

Very interesting @coolonespa – unfortunately I have only been to Siem Reap for Angkor Wat. Should put the cat among the pigeons if they acheive their aim of the largest single and twin-towered buildings in the world. I’m sure Dubai and KL won’t be pleased about that!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Interesting – I’m not surprised the population is going mad. When so many people died during the Pol Poy years, those that were left had as many children as they could – so when I was there the country was teaming with young, energetic, enthusiastic, hard-working young people, who all need somewhere to live to raise their own families.

Enjoyed this article about “the transformation of Phnom Penh”, venue of my deep fried insects experiment:

https://www.selectiveasia.com/blog/cambodia/the-transformation-of-phnom-penh

Essex UK

Great pictures @Jennifer 3107 Hope to see more of them and hear more of your travels.

London

Sounds like we has a similar trip before we headed into Cambodia but we didn’t go to Tuan Chau island.

Essex UK

My trip started from Ha Long Bay to Hue city, then Hoi An and Saigon(Ho Chi Minh city). Of course, spending a long time on the beach would make you feel incredibly boring.
In Ha Long city, I went to Tuan Chau island where I have some great things to do such as 5D cinemas, the performance of water music, thrilling games and other interesting activities… (not to mention the long beach with white sand carpet and blue seawater). Hue and Hoi An were two peaceful and lovely cities, you could dive into the spectacular architectures, enjoy great street food and buy lantern souvenir.
Lastly, like Hanoi – the capital of Vietnam, Saigon was one of the most developed cities in Vietnam, there are museums, luxurious commercial centers along with many fine restaurants.

Last Edited by Jennifer3107 at 02 Apr 04:41
Sign in to add your message