Welcome to our forums.

Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos

Oh yes, Steve – extraordinary people. And I hope your leg has recovered from being assaulted by a fish! (What a lovely image …)

Enjoyed leaving the relatively touristy Siem Reap & heading out into some largely untouched villages, starting off at the market in Krabei Real

The fish were so fresh a couple jumped out of the bowl and attacked my leg

We bought a couple of pineapples for the familiy we were having lunch with later and this lady expertly peeled & carved them for us on the spot.

Essex UK

and to be fair, extraordinary people too.

Essex UK

I’m so glad you loved it Steve – it’s such an extraordinary place.

With so many wonderful things to photograph at the temples I think I neglected Siam Reap photographically but I did like this display outside of one of the hotels.

Essex UK

@Solent-Richard_1 wrote:

Did you get a chance to explore the town of Siam Reap itself?

To a limited extent but not as much as you seem to have. The microlight pilot recommended a restaurant on the outskirts, which when we got there wasn’t much more than a thatched roof over tables and chairs. The two Sisters that ran it, however, were amazing. So hospitable, caring, with insect spray on the table in case you’d forgotten to spray. The food was delicious and all my thoughts that we were chancing or arm eating out here disappeared. Really enjoyed Siam Reap.

Essex UK

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

And it’s not just me coolonespa – I have friends who regularly holiday in Vietnam, so I forwarded them on and they have enjoyed all 7 episodes also!

Thanks Gill, I’m really glad you and your friends are enjoying these. Its particularly lovely to get feedback from people who have been because it makes me feel I might have captured the essence of the place, not always easy in words.

Essex UK

Coolonespsa wrote…

“Sadly we were denied the chance to join the scrum by a massive thunderstorm the morning we were scheduled to go”.

What a shame. Did you get a chance to explore the town of Siam Reap itself?

I did and found it a fascinating place and a veritable hub for the backpacking community…

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Just read, and enjoyed, your great review, enhanced by lovely photos

Thanks Gill. I’m really glad you’ve been enjoying this series and thanks for all the positive feedback.

And it’s not just me @coolonespa – I have friends who regularly holiday in Vietnam, so I forwarded them on and they have enjoyed all 7 episodes also!

Last Edited by Cruzeroqueen1 at 28 Sep 14:26
Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Solent-Richard_1 wrote:

when so many keen photographers turn up for the Angkor Wat sunrise…

Sadly we were denied the chance to join the scrum by a massive thunderstorm the morning we were scheduled to go.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Just read, and enjoyed, your great review, enhanced by lovely photos

Thanks Gill. I’m really glad you’ve been enjoying this series and thanks for all the positive feedback.

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message