Welcome to our forums.

Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos

It seems to me that there are far more “column inches” or the on-line equivalent to fill than credible stories to fill them. So we seem to get opinions or speculating from people who, on the face of it, have no credible qualifications to be doing so. We also have fake news to contend with. All this is “white noise” in “Steve speak” is making it more difficult for me to find the credible news reporting. Especially stuff not virus related.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

There’s so much “white noise”

What does ‘White Noise’ mean in this context!!

London

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:29 06-May-20

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Steve, I am shocked! I hope it is ‘them’ and not me who is intimidating!

Neither really, hence the smily face at the end.

There’s so much “white noise” in the news that its hard to see the wood for the trees at the moment.

I know – it’s difficult to know what to believe, but I do think there will be a lot of Big Brother tactics, which
apparently are due to start with the proposed ‘voluntary’ (but I’m sure will end up ‘compulsory’) ‘tracking/tracing app’.
Plus I find the repetetive use of the phrase ‘save lives’ in written and spoken format, dozens of times a day, is an
insidious form of brainwashing.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Steve, I am shocked! I hope it is ‘them’ and not me who is intimidating!

Neither really, hence the smily face at the end.

There’s so much “white noise” in the news that its hard to see the wood for the trees at the moment.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

Fossil wrote:

China does huge trade with the western world

That’s true but Vietnamese markets and shops are packed full of Chinese goods. I don’t have an answer, just an interesting fact and I’m sufficiently intimidated by Gill’s post not to suggest a theory

Good question though Alan, will we ever know the truth.

Steve, I am shocked! I hope it is ‘them’ and not me who is intimidating! Who said that the ‘whistleblowing
scientist’ died from Covid-19 ? None other than the Chinese governement. Was it proven? Whilst I
wouldn’t call myself a ‘conspiracy theorist’ I am aware that quite a few of these ‘theories’ have eventually
become fact. One in particular comes to mind. Would you believe that the Government of any country
would deliberately sabotage one of their own ships, killing all their ‘indigenous’ population on board, just so
they could accuse another country of the atrocity, and thus declare war? Answers on a postcard please,
and if no ‘takers’ I will reveal the well-documented fact later.

Last Edited by Cruzeroqueen1 at 05 May 12:30

Fossil wrote:

China does huge trade with the western world

That’s true but Vietnamese markets and shops are packed full of Chinese goods. I don’t have an answer, just an interesting fact and I’m sufficiently intimidated by Gill’s post not to suggest a theory

Good question though Alan, will we ever know the truth.

Essex UK

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
09:52 04-May-20

coolonespa wrote:

Has anyone noticed that Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos have not had a single death due to Corona virus. Particularly amazing for Vietnam as it shares a boarder with China. Whatever is happening out there, good on them.

China does huge trade with the western world, I wonder, will we ever learn the truth.

Maybe in the fullness of time – 50 years on, or whatever. However, we have noticed that people who post ‘theories’
are quickly removed (sometimes just off the media, but I wouldn’t be surprised it sometimes it was more ‘permanent’!).

coolonespa wrote:

Has anyone noticed that Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos have not had a single death due to Corona virus. Particularly amazing for Vietnam as it shares a boarder with China. Whatever is happening out there, good on them.

China does huge trade with the western world, I wonder, will we ever learn the truth.

London

Essex UK

A place that is on my Bucket List. Will visit soon.

329 Posts
Sign in to add your message