Welcome to our forums.

Wild, wild and more wild animals

.some people find these creatures a little scary, but they are quite harmless and shy of humans….. he is a Monitor Lizard about 3’ long

GDB1 wrote:

He looks a bit like Jimmy Durante, but not sure you are old enough to know what I mean…?

I am & it was the first though that came in my head when I saw him

Essex UK

……this friendly little chap looks like a cross between a rat and a guinea pig, but much larger…maybe 12 – 18" long. He comes from much warmer climates than ours and is often seen on rocky outcrops, thus his name….the Rock Hyrax

..thought you might like to see one of our regular friends on this thread as well……it’s Woody.
Not a great shot as it’s taken through the kitchen window, but it does show him up to be as colourful as a lot of the more exotic birds

……and this is a real mud bath, so much fun when you are an elephant

swiftly moving back to the monkey subject……
These two baboons are just doing what baboons do, and the little chap is wondering why his mum is ignoring him…aah

A very large bird…. the Kori Bustard stands approx. 3’ high…. this pair were off for some rumpy pumpy, and the male is showing his disapproval at our interruption I think….

He looks a bit like Jimmy Durante, but not sure you are old enough to know what I mean…?

This very large person is a wild Bison muscling in on a winter feeding station for local cattle…. not surprising the cattle kept their distance for a while until he had finished!

Great timing on the Otter shot @GDB1

Proboscis monkey also at Bako:

Essex UK

….and equally, let’s not forget some very attractive locals…. the Mistle Thrush and Robin

Sign in to add your message