Welcome to our forums.

Wild, wild and more wild animals

… these pelicans are pretty good at fishing as well, but one of them had other things on his mind at the time…..

…. and here is another excellent fisherman from the same neck of the woods…. he is an Anhinga

…this is a very handsome feathered friend of mine… a Cocoi Heron, similar to our own, just going about his business on the banks of the Piquiri River in the Pantanal, Brazil…..

..they are actually quite benign, that is until you try to share his food…. but I am told that his mother loved him…. she is lappet-faced as well!

Not someone you want to meet in a hurry.

London

GDB1 wrote:

GDB1
14:56 12-Feb-18

…. not a Lammargeier picture, but this very large feathered friend is a distant cousin from Tanzania.

I think I’d have an expression like that if I was called ‘lappet-faced’!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

he goes by the name of Lappet-Faced Vulture…..

…. not a Lammargeier picture, but this very large feathered friend is a distant cousin from Tanzania.

Checked out your link, @JoCarroll and indeed they are magnificent!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

you are certainly right about the Lammargeiers or Bearded Vultures…. they do live in the Himalalyas and also in places like northern China and we saw them in Mongolia, they are beautiful birds…. my last pair of birds up in the tree talking to each other and sharing a bite to eat, were Grey Headed Eagles. @JoCarroll

Sign in to add your message