Fossil wrote:

Nice pictures and in the wild.

Thanks Alan

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:33 28-Mar-20

A wooly necked Stork

As we would say in Yorkshire, he’s got his muffler on!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Nice pictures and in the wild.

London

A wooly necked Stork

Essex UK

I’m sure the curved beak was useful in some way

Essex UK

This little guy made me laugh, seemed to stalk through the grass with his shoulders hunched. Not sure if he was keeping low to stay safe or stalking his prey

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
09:09 24-Mar-20

Thanks Gill. They also have a bit of a fuzzy element, which probably helps them blend into the background but I had to keep checking I was properly focussed.

A Line Monitor, slinking through the undergrowth. I was told that their poo is corrosive and if the locals (they are plentiful outside the NP) stand on it with bare feet, they often require treatment for the fungus that develops on their feet……yuk!

Mmm, Steve – they sound as toxic as the Komodo Dragons I’ve had the pleasure of seeing twice.

Thanks Gill. They also have a bit of a fuzzy element, which probably helps them blend into the background but I had to keep checking I was properly focussed.

A Line Monitor, slinking through the undergrowth. I was told that their poo is corrosive and if the locals (they are plentiful outside the NP) stand on it with bare feet, they often require treatment for the fungus that develops on their feet……yuk!

Essex UK

Great photos, Steve – the spots look as if they are standing out!

Thanks Gill & Alan

There were plenty of Spotted Deer at the park

Essex UK
Sign in to add your message