Welcome to our forums.

Wild, wild and more wild animals

Thanks Gill. My rule of thumb for this trip was that if the guide didn’t look worried, I wasn’t worried. The person at the front of the boat was having a bit of a wobble but all ended well….eventually.

Essex UK

Fantastic pic, @coolonespa. I suspect a bit of ‘clenching’ may have occured!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Lets have some more photos from my trip to Africa…… On the Chobe river we were reminded to never forget that wild animals are, well … wild. For instance, we were sitting in a small boat watching and photographing a particularly playful pod of hippos. The play fighting between the young males became more intense until some submerged, nothing unusual there. Hippo play timeThen four of them, including the largest male resurfaced, cutting the distance to us by half. Time to go! As they kept on coming our escape was stalled by the propeller being stuck in the lily pads, forward backward went the prop trying to get free, tensions rising, onward wallowed the hippos. At the point they got uncomfortably close and it was all too obvious how huge the alpha male was, then the prop came free and we were on our way. Our guide said they wouldn’t have attacked the boat, he never looked worried, they just wanted us gone. A close enough encounter for us though and a reminder that wild animals need to be treated with respect.

You can read the full story here: https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-africa-botswana/chobe-national-park-botswana-and-the-caprivi-strip-namibia

Essex UK

The leader of a gang that decided to raid a petrol station in Victoria Falls. Everyone was giving them a wide berth:

Essex UK

Good one Gill, anyone else?

Essex UK

I know you are there – and that’s NOT my best side!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

So I think this one deserves a caption, so how about:

“Does my bum look big in this?”

But I’m sure you can do better…..have a go.

Essex UK

These guys decided they weren’t that happy about us hanging around & chased us off later…..quite exciting:

Essex UK

Thanks @PamWNorth

Essex UK

Some great photos @coolonspa.

North Northumberland
Sign in to add your message